World Bulletin / News Desk
Israeli settlers left one teen injured as Palestinian activists and farmers on Saturday erected a new tented protest village south of Nablus.
Around 200 supporters from across the occupied West Bank set up tents in an area of Burin village that activists say is slated for confiscation by a neighboring settlement.
Israeli forces immediately moved to shut down the area, and blocked traffic at the nearby Zaatara checkpoint, stopping several buses of activists destined for the village, witnesses told Ma'an news agency.
Soldiers fired tear gas and sound grenades to disperse the activists, and detained five Palestinians, they said.
Israeli settlers also raided the village and fired at the Palestinians. Zakariya Al-Najjar, 16, was hit by bullet in his thigh, a Ma'an reporter said.
Settlers managed to seize a trailer at the encampment, activist Salah Al-Khawaja told the agency.
He said fights broke out between Palestinian men and Israeli soldiers trying to remove them.
It is the fourth such initiative in recent weeks.
In January, Palestinian activists started a new wave of tented protest camps in the West Bank where Israel plans to build the "E1" settlement, severing the West Bank from Jerusalem. Israeli force dismantled their structures.
Fighters from the Shi'ite Muslim Houthi movement seized Sanaa on Sept. 21 after overrunning an army brigade affiliated to the moderate Islamist Islah party, making them effectively the power brokers in the country.
A spokesman for Congo's government said an investigation had been launched into the situation but health problems that people face across Congo, rather than poor management at the camp, were most likely to be the cause of the deaths.
Bernadino Leon, the U.N. special envoy to Libya, said a second step would be to seek talks with the militias that now run the desert nation.
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the step would also send a "troubling message" if the Israeli government proceeded with tenders and construction.
The Army gave no reason for the decision to drop the charges against Sergeant First Class Michael Barbera.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Beijing had "very formally and clearly stated its position: Hong Kong affairs are China's internal affairs. All countries should respect China's sovereignty."
U.S. Secret Service Director Julia Pierson steps down after an incident in which an Iraq war veteran with a knife scaled the White House fence, sprinted across the lawn and got deep inside the mansion before an off-duty agent stopped him.
Two blasts killed at least 45 people, including 41 children, in the Syrian city of Homs.
The Israeli authorities announced a decision early last month to confiscate 4,000 dunams of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank.
Transport minister Damir Hadzic described the move as a 'historic event'.
Kenyan anti-terrorism police arrested the two on suspicion of plotting an attack in Kenya as they prepared to board a flight at Nairobi aiport on Sept. 18 bound for Belgium.
Egypt-Turkey relations have nosedived since Egypt's military ousted elected president Mohamed Morsi in July of last year.
New Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani re-opened an inquiry into the theft of almost $1 billion from Kabul Bank with a decree.
Nine other people were wounded, seven of whom were taken to hospital for treatment.
Putin said Russia security services had detected a constant growth in cyber attacks, particularly in the last six months, the period in which the crisis in Ukraine has worsened.
Turkish Cypriot students attending an English school in the Greek Cypriot-controlled south Cyprus are told they cannot have time off for Eid as it is a 'Chrstian school'.