World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkish state news agency, Anadolu Agency, released the footage of US embassy bomber while he was on his way to the embassy building.
In the footage, suicide bomber Ecevit Sanli is seen as walking towards the US Embassy at Paris street in Ankara.
The bomber is alone and dressed like a courier and carrying an envelope while walking towards the entrance of the building.
A suicide blast on Friday at a checkpoint outside the US Embassy compound killed the bomber and a security guard, while wounding a Turkish journalist.
Earlier on Saturday, Ankara Governor's Office stated that six kg of TNT explosives caused the blast in the US Embassy in Ankara. The Office said that nearly six kg of TNT explosives were set off by pushing a button with an electronic mechanism in the blast. It noted that the suicide bomber also set off a hand grenade with him.
He was identified as a member of DHKP-C terrorist organization who had earlier been arrested as he attacked on Istanbul Security Department and Sisli Harbiye soldier's club by a flame thrower in 1997, and then escaped to a foreign country after his release, said the office.
It added that the suicide bomber was identified by his family from his photos, however, his exact identity would be determined after a DNA test.
The bomber has been wanted on charges of attempting to change the constitutional order and riot of convicts and suspects.
Amount will be allocated from the budget of National Education Ministry
Voters heading to cast their ballots in parliamentary, presidential elections
On eve of Election Day, Devlet Bahceli also warns of economic attacks and international conspiracies against Turkey
Operations were carried out in Turkish provinces of Gaziantep, Mugla, Osmaniye, Tekirdag, Nevsehir, and Istanbul
Binali Yildirim slams opposition for raising questions over security arrangements
Turkish president slams opposition presidential candidate for saying he will sleep outside top electoral body
Nearly $60M invested to organize anti-narcotic operations in 5 years, says minister
Turkish premier stresses stability, confidence in country for continued investments
Chairman of main opposition party says Turkey has to produce added-value goods
Muharrem Ince says he will establish ministry of industry, entrepreneurship
Observers from Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe plan to create chaos in Turkey, say security sources
Okkes Tetik was arrested in western Sakarya province
Turkish president speaks two days ahead of elections in joint broadcast of TRT channels
Raids take place in Turkey's provinces of Van, Hatay, Adana, Diyarbakir and Istanbul
Journalists from 34 countries receive accreditation from Directorate General of Press and Information for June 24 elections
No causalities reported so far from quake in Van province