World Bulletin/News Desk
The lawyers of the victims of the Mavi Marmara raid, Dr. Ramadan Ariturk and Gokdemir Jihad, have been filed a case for the prosecution of Israeli officials in the International Criminal Court (ICC) on behalf of the Union of the Comoros.
On May 31, 2010, Israel committed “war crimes” by attacking the Mavi Marmara, which carried the flag of the Union of Comoros, and other ships in the Gaza Freedom Fleet and killing 9 civilian aid volunteers including 8 Turkish citizens and 1 American citizen.
The Union of Comoros is one of the signatories of the ICC's founding treaty, the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, and is thus eligible to apply to the court seeking prosecution for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. In terms of the prosecution of the crimes committed by Israel in the ICC for trial, an indisputable authority is at hand. As an international court which tries crimes of genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and the crime of aggression, the ICC will try Israel in regards to the UN Human Rights Council’s definition specification that “the crimes committed during the attack on the Freedom Flotilla are war crimes.”
In the international criminal proceedings which will start with this application, lawyers Dr. Ramazan Ariturk and Dr. Cihat Gokdemir are requesting a proxy on behalf of the Union of Comoros in the trial and punishment of responsible senior Israeli officials, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Previously a suit was filed in the ICC against Israel for 'Operation Cast Lead’ in which 1500 Palestinian civilians, most of them women and children, were massacred.
A statement from the IHH read: “After Palestine gained ‘observer state’ status at the UN, Israel realized the seriousness of this case and entered into every illegitimate effort in order to remain exempt from these judgments, avoid the risk of being penalized, and to maintain unaccountable policies which do not recognize the law. However with this application and case filed on behalf of the Union of Comoros, Israel will have nowhere to escape from the war crimes it has committed.”
“If this case fails to produce a result, this will show that this court is under the hegemony of certain countries and is used only to make some countries toe the line politically,” Ariturk told the Anatolia news agency.
The IDF has been quick to sentence one of their own soldiers for taking part in a Deutsche Welle programme that debated whether the occupation of Palestine was destroying Israel.
An Iranian aid ship that was on its way to Yemen has docked in Djibouti where it will undergo a UN inspection.
A bomb has exploded at a mosque in Saudi Arabia, with reports of injured.
Yemeni army forces have taken control of a strategic military base in Saudi Arabia, as Riyadh continues its military aggression against Yemen.
ISIL has claimed responsibility in a mosque attack in Yemen, 13 people were wounded.
Jordan has said said that the problems of the Middle East can be solved by using the strengths of the countries in the region.
The Houthi forces have placed a condition that they will join the Geneva meeting later this month on the condition that there is ceasefire by the Saudi's.
ISIL has seized the last border crossing between Syria and Iraq, taking over more than 50% of Syria.
Saudi shells hit Yemen international aid office, killing 5 Ethiopian refugees.
On Sunday, ISIL took control of Ramadi after overrunning Iraqi forces in the area and are now in full control after local police and Iraqi army forces withdrew from the city.
Palmyra is a strategic military gain, home to modern army installations and situated on a desert highway linking the capital Damascus with Syria's eastern provinces.
The ancient city of Palymyra has fallen to ISIL with Assad forces trapped in DerzZor
President El-Sisi has met with US Central Command head General Austin in Cairo
The UK had condemned the regime's use of barrel bombs after mobile phone video footage emerged showing barrel bombs being dropped from a helicopter.