World Bulletin / News Desk
The Free Syrian Army (FSA) seized control on Friday of 13 villages in Aleppo's southern and eastern regions, where conflicts are ongoing.
"More than 200 soldiers, including Hezbollah militia were rendered ineffective," Yasir Ahmad,, media responsible of Syrian Revolution General Commission (SRGC) in Aleppo, told AA in an exclusive interview.
Ahmad said that they told the Syrian Red Crescent that they wanted the bodies of deceased soldiers to be taken from the Rashadia and al-Kurbatia villages.
A member of the Assad family, Abdelkarim Makhlouf, also died during the conflicts in the region, Ahmad said. He added that they had reached 8 bodies killed by Assad regime and thrown down a well in Haqla village.
Meanwhile, anti-regime protests were staged after the Friday prayer in several cities of Syria against the massacre in the East Ghouta region of Syrian capital Damascus.
Heavy clashes took place early Friday in Damascus' central Abbasiyyin square, where opposition groups seized the main road between the city center and the Jobar-Qaboun suburbs, local sources said.
The Free Syrian Army had to ease the blockade in East Ghouta's villages and towns after the road was controlled by opposition groups.
The SRGC announced that the FSA-affiliated Fajr brigade was on an attack in Damascus' Muazzamiyah and West Ghouta regions, where a control point of the 93rd brigade had been stationed.
On Wednesday, Syrian National Coalition (SNC) said at least 1,300 people were killed in a chemical attack which it blamed on forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the suburbs of the Ghouta region near Damascus.
But the Syrian regime strongly denied the claim and described reports and figures as "lies and groundless," saying such reports were aimed at "distracting a visiting team of United Nations chemical weapons experts from their mission."
Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first freely elected president, was ousted and imprisoned in 2013 military coup
Opposition talks team raise humanitarian issues with Russian foreign ministry
Four other Saudis who also had "criminal records and have taken part in terror acts" were arrested following the clash on Tuesday morning, the ministry said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA.
War-torn Yemen has so far received only small fraction of $2.1 billion requested by UN, humanitarian official says
Residents of Zabadani and Madaya, two towns near Damascus under siege by government forces, will leave their homes in return for the evacuation of Fuaa and Kafraya, two mainly Shiite towns in the northwest besieged by the rebels, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Two missiles hit a vehicle on the outskirts of the town of Mudiyah in Abyan province, killing all four people inside, the official said.
Appeal comes as Arab leaders prepare for this week's Arab League summit in Jordan
A senior Syrian government official warned on Sunday that the Tabqa Dam had already been damaged by US led air strikes
No damage reported in attack carried out by Houthi rebels in Yemen
Antonio Guterres is also expected to attend one-day Arab summit during his visit to Jordan
Local authorities blame deadly attack -- which also left three attackers dead -- on Al-Qaeda
- More than 1M patients have had operations, and 200,000 Syrian babies born in Turkey since 2011, says Veysi Kaynak
The funds will go towards seven Interpol projects including counter-terrorism, cybercrime and drugs, an official statement said.
Conflicts in Syria, Yemen and Libya are expected to figure high during Arab summit
Coordinator of International Rabia Platform says Egypt's elected president Morsi is in jail, while a 'dictator' is free
Population of northern Syrian city recovers to 80,000 after terror group was cleared in mid-February