World Bulletin / News Desk
Since the onset of the Syrian civil war in March 2011, 101,513 people were reported to have died and 215,000 to have been detained, with 3 million homes damaged during clashes between the forces of the Syrian regime and opposition.
The Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) indiacted in its issued reprts that 101,513 people had lost their lives from March 2011 to August 21, 2013, with the 89,644 civilians accounting for 88% of the death toll. The rate is 57% higher than the death toll among civilians during the second World War.
The total death toll includes 10,913 children, 9,911 women, 2,964 detainees and 11,849 members of the armed oppositions.
A child dies every 2 hours
The report stated that approximately 6 people die each hour, totalling 135 people each day, including a child every two hours and 1 women every three hours.
10,913 children, including 3,399 girls and 2,305 children under the age of 10, were killed by the Assad regime, the report said, indicating that 530 had been killed with sharp objects and 79 with torture while detained.
284 health workers, including 143 doctors and 54 pharmacists were reported to have died during clashes.
Meanwhile, 3,000 health workers were detained, according to the statement which added that the detained health workers included 600 doctors, 18 of whom were tortured to death.
Syrian regime forces reportedly bombed private and state hospitals.
Besides, the report also noted that 80,000 out of the 215,000 detainees were still missing. including 9,000 children and 5,000 women who were tortured by regime forces and deprived of water and food.
More than 3 million buildings destroyed
3 million houses, 1,451 mosques, 3,700 schools, 270 private hospitals and 33 churches were either harmed or destroyed during the operations in Syria.
The report said 850,000 out of 3 million houses were damaged with Scud missiles, howitzers, drum bombs, tank firing or rocket attacks.
The SNHR announced they registered the detained and missing, and substantiated both the deaths and injuries via videos and photos.
Nearly 5,000 Syrians have gone through a migration regulatory process in Morocco, with several hundred receiving refugee status, according to Morocco's ministry of foreign affairs.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said the suspects' vehicle had been targeted and its three occupants were incinerated in the strike.
It said the decision to raise prices was within the cabinet's powers.
The visit comes after months of tension between Cairo and Riyadh
Projects will be carried out in places where terrorists had been eliminated by Turkey-led Operation Euphrates Shield
"We clearly announce that we have not and will not support any candidate in the upcoming elections," he said in a letter, signed by himself and his former deputy and presidential hopeful Hamid Baghaie.
Sinai has remained at the epicenter of a deadly militant insurgency since 2013
The official told AFP that two fighters were also wounded in the attack on the Al-Fawwar camp near Quneitra in southwestern Syria, adding that it was unclear whether the damage was inflicted by an air strike or shelling.
King Salman replaces cabinet members, US ambassador in reshuffle
Assad has said repeatedly that his forces turned over all chemical weapons stockpiles in 2013, under a deal brokered by Russia to avoid threatened US military action.
Some 150 Syrian families seek aid at Atma refugee camp near Turkish border