World Bulletin / News Desk
An image showing a Syrian boy who starved to death after his family was killed in a bomb attack on his home was shown on Syrian TV.
The boy had apparantly lost both his parents when a bomb dropped by Bashar al-Assad's forces destroyed his home.
After being left completely alone, the boy began to wonder the streets looking for food and a place to stay.
With no shoes of his own, he returned to the ruins of his home where he found a pair of his father's shoes to protect his small feet.
He resorted to selling black trash bags to make some money, and would collect pieces of food he found in a small container.
However, it was not enough to save his life, and after disappearing for some time, passerby found his decomposing body, that had been half eaten by street dogs, lying beside his trash bags in an alley.
Presenter Dr. Faisal al-Kasem who broadcast the picture said "After the attack in his house, the child inherited nothing except his father's shoes."
Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah on Tuesday pledged $500 million in humanitarian aid to help ease the crisis in Syria.
Syrian state television put the number killed at 44 and said 21 others had been wounded in the attack on Mabouja, a 60-km (40 mile) drive east of Hama. A Syrian military source said the army had repelled the assault on Tuesday.
A strike early on Tuesday near Sanaa airport blew a large crater in a group of five houses, witnesses said. There were no casualties, suggesting the buildings had been empty since a deadly raid in the same area last week.
Aiming to seal preliminary deal by Tuesday midnight with diplomats fear opportunity will be lost if no deal today
Explosions and heavy gunfire was heard in the Shida and al-Hisama districts of Saada province and near the town of Haradh in neighbouring Hajja province.
fState TV says tons of food and medical supplies have been airlifted to Shiite militant group.
"Iran and Saudi Arabia can cooperate to solve the Yemeni crisis," Abdollahian told reporters in Kuwait, speaking through a translator. "We recommend all parties in Yemen return to calm and dialogue".
In a statement, the independent aid agency "called for the urgent removal of obstacles to the delivery to Yemenof vital medical supplies needed to treat casualties from a week of deadly clashes and air strikes".
Egypt Foreign Ministry said in a statement that Egypt was in contact with Saudi Arabia and Oman in an effort to ease the return of Egyptian nationals from Yemen.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is mounting an attempt to airlift nationals from the Yemeni city of Sanaa.
Ousted Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh thanked Oman's Sultan Qaboos bin Said in a Facebook statement
Iranian news website Tabnak named the journalist as Amir Hossein Motaghi, who helped Rouhani to his landslide win in the 2013 presidential elections.
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation agreement signed in Turkish capital
According to witnesses, pro-Saleh forces, Houthis enter Yemen's Ad Dali after 6 days of clashes