Worldbulletin News

Worldbulletin News Worldbulletin News Portal


21:28, 28 May 2017 Sunday
12:12, 04 April 2011 Monday

  • Share
Turkish speaking person becomes youngest minister in Bosnia
Turkish speaking person becomes youngest minister in Bosnia

The minister said Turkish and Bosnian soccer teams would also launch cooperation.

A Turkish speaking person has become the youngest minister in the Bosnia-Herzegovina Federation government.

Salmir Kaplan has become the Culture & Sports Minister in the newly-established government in the Federation government--one of the two units setting up the Bosnia-Herzegovina state.

29-year-old Kaplan has received education in Turkey, and was a fan of Turkish soccer team, Besiktas, when he was in Turkey.

"As a minister, I will attach a peculiar importance to relations with Turkey, and make use of Turkey's experiences in culture and sports," Kaplan told AA correspondent.

Kaplan said Bosnia-Herzegovina was expecting Turkey to continue restoring Ottoman artifacts in the country, and his country would encourage Turkish-Bosnian co-production film projects.

The minister also said Turkish and Bosnian soccer teams would also launch cooperation.

Kaplan was the spokesman and the head of youth branches of the Party of Democratic Action (SDA), the biggest party of the Bosnians and one of the government partners.

He joined the party eight years ago.

Kaplan went to Turkey in 2005 for postgraduate education at Istanbul University's Social Sciences Institute, and improved his Turkish.

He attended "Political Academy" of Turkey's ruling Justice & Development (AK) Party last year.

AA



Legal Notice: Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this website can not be reproduced without the prior permission.

  • Share

Libya extremist group Ansar al-Sharia announces dissolution
Libya extremist group Ansar al-Sharia announces dissolution

The Libyan jihadist group Ansar al-Sharia, which is linked to Al-Qaeda and deemed a terrorist organisation by the UN and United States, announced its "dissolution" in a communique published online on Saturday. Washington accuses the group of being behind the September 11, 2012 attack on the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi in which ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed. Ansar al-Sharia is one of the jihadist groups that sprung up in Benghazi, Libya's second largest city, in the chaos following the death of dictator Moamer Kadhafi in 2011. They overran the city in 2014. East Libyan military strongman Khalifa Haftar earlier this month launched an offensive to oust jihadist fighters from their two remaining strongholds in Benghazi. In its communique Ansar al-Sharia said it had been "weakened" by the fighting. The group lost its leader, Mohammed Azahawi, in clashes with Haftar's forces in Benghazi at the end of 2014. Most of its members then defected to the so-called Islamic State group. Ansar al-Sharia later joined the Revolutionary Shura Council of Benghazi, a local alliance of Islamist militias. At its zenith, Ansar al-Sharia was present in Benghazi and Derna in eastern Syria, with offshoots in Sirte and Sabratha, western Libya. The organisation took over barracks and other sites abandoned by the ousted Kadhafi forces and transformed them into training grounds for hundreds of jihadists seeking to head to Iraq or Syria.