Worldbulletin News

Worldbulletin News Worldbulletin News Portal


12:23, 22 June 2018 Friday
Update: 11:05, 27 May 2011 Friday

  • Share
Turkish FM renews warning to Israel for planned Gaza flotilla
Turkish FM renews warning to Israel for planned Gaza flotilla

Davutoglu said that they hoped that the Mavi Marmara incident of 2010 would not repeat itself.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Thursday that they were working on all possible scenarios for a new aid flotilla that would soon travel to Gaza to deliver humanitarian assistance.

Speaking on a Turkish private TV channel, "Ulke TV", on Thursday, Davutoglu said that they hoped that the Mavi Marmara incident of 2010 would not repeat itself.

Nine Turks were killed by Israeli troops on May 31, 2010 when the troops raided the Mavi Marmara aid ship carrying humanitarian assistance to Gaza.

We think that Israel is well experienced not to repeat the Mavi Marmara attack, Davutoglu stressed.
There are differences between last year's situation and this year's situation. Hamas and Al Fatah reached a compromise and Israel's justifications on this issue have been eradicated. The
Palestinian authority have united. Moreover, the international community displayed a hard stance towards Israel following their attack on Mavi Marmara, Davutoglu said.

If Israel does not want to see new convoys, it has to recognize the Palestinian administration and end the blockade. Accordingly, there will not be a reason for the aid convoy. However, Israel insists on not recognizing the Palestinian compromise and continuing the blockade, Davutoglu also said.

In response to a question on the developments in Syria, Davutoglu underlined that there was still a possibility in Syria for stability and reforms.

AA



Legal Notice: Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this website can not be reproduced without the prior permission.

  • Share