Turkish foreign minister has urged French president not to try to pass another legislation similar to one which was annulled by France's top constitutional watchdog on Tuesday.
The comment comes after French President Nicolas Sarkozy asked his government on Tuesday to draft a new version of the Armenia law.
His office wrote in a statement, "he has asked the government to prepare a new draft taking into account the decision of the Constitutional Council."
Earlier, French Constitutional Council cancelled a law that makes it a crime to reject Armenian allegations that the incidents of 1915 in the Ottoman Empire amounted to a "genocide."
"Sarkozy had already pushed his chances too hard and if he tries that again he would have started a war on French culture and the French rule of law. It would be most unfortunate for him to challenge a ruling passed by such a high level authority like the Constitutional Council," Ahmet Davutoglu told a televised interview on state-run broadcaster TRT hours after the French ruling.
The law made it punishable to reject the Armenian allegations with a prison term of one-year and a fine of 45 thousand euros.
Davutoglu said relations between the two countries had weathered "a turbulence," adding that Turkey needed to review the position France would assume before lifting a series of measures Ankara had taken after the approval of the denial law by the lower house of the French parliament.
"We need to keep our channels open in the name of sharing a common history [with Armenia]. And our common history should not be sacrificed to the political ambitions of this or that leader," Davutoglu said.
The French council ruled that the law violated freedom of expression and communication upon an appeal by a large number of French senators and MPs for the annulment of the legislation.
On eve of Election Day, Devlet Bahceli also warns of economic attacks and international conspiracies against Turkey
Operations were carried out in Turkish provinces of Gaziantep, Mugla, Osmaniye, Tekirdag, Nevsehir, and Istanbul
Binali Yildirim slams opposition for raising questions over security arrangements
Turkish president slams opposition presidential candidate for saying he will sleep outside top electoral body
Nearly $60M invested to organize anti-narcotic operations in 5 years, says minister
Turkish premier stresses stability, confidence in country for continued investments
Chairman of main opposition party says Turkey has to produce added-value goods
Muharrem Ince says he will establish ministry of industry, entrepreneurship
Observers from Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe plan to create chaos in Turkey, say security sources
Okkes Tetik was arrested in western Sakarya province
Turkish president speaks two days ahead of elections in joint broadcast of TRT channels
Raids take place in Turkey's provinces of Van, Hatay, Adana, Diyarbakir and Istanbul
Journalists from 34 countries receive accreditation from Directorate General of Press and Information for June 24 elections
No causalities reported so far from quake in Van province
Turkish justice minister also says reduction in number of ministries will enable faster services to citizens
First patrols by both Turkish and US troops in region began on June 18 and the second patrols on June 20