World Bulletin/News Desk
Turkish prime minister said on Sunday that the Uludere operation was staged after footage provided by Turkish aircraft.
Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the mentioned area was an area of terrorism, and the footage was provided by Turkish aircraft.
"We took action from footage provided by our aircraft not by U.S. predators," Erdogan told reporters before he flew to Pakistan.
Erdogan said U.S. predators had 31-minute surveillance, and they were from Iraq not from Turkey's territories, and defined the Wall Street Journal's story as a false one.
Earlier this week, the Wall Street Journal tied the Uludere attack to U.S. military drone, and said that US Predator provided intelligence regarding the incident in Uludere town of Turkey's southeastern province of Sirnak in which 34 citizens were killed by the jets of Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) on December 28, 2011.
On Thursday, Turkish General Staff denied allegations which said the first footage was provided by a US Predator in the incident.
A statement posted on the website of the General Staff said that the first footage was by drones belonging to the Turkish Armed Forces in Uludere.
Indictment seeks up to four years in prison for Selahattin Demirtas, co-chair of opposition Peoples' Democratic Party
Bekir Bozdag expects constitutional changes to be passed by lawmakers
Arrest warrants issued for 243 suspects allegedly linked to FETO terror network across 54 Turkish provinces
Police forces raid a house where PKK members reportedly plotting a terrorist attack
EU countries fail to relocate promised number of refugees, Greek Migration Ministry says
Turkish president used "terrorising economy" for those who intend to sabotage country's progress
Deputy Minister for EU Affairs Ali Sahin responds to Pakistani mother's plea to help find her missing son
Turkish prosecutors prepare an indictment requesting a 142-year prison sentence for the PKK-affiliated HDP leader Selahattin Demirtaş
Provincial governor says Abdulgadir Masharipov confesses to New Year's Eve attack on Reina venue
Turkish Prime Minister Binalı Yıldırım confirms that the gunman who killed at least 39 New Year's Eve revellers has been captured, and says more details will be released soon
Suspects held at a police station over the attack in Diyarbakir's Sur district that claimed four police officers' lives
Abdulgadir Masharipov was captured during a police operation on a residence in Istanbul's Esenyurt district
Deputy Prime Minister Kurtulmus dismisses talk of snap elections
Gen. Hulusi Akar will visit Brussels to attend NATO’s highest military authority meeting
International Organization for Migration head thanks Turkey for hosting 3.1 million refugees
Lawmakers approve regulations on parliamentary and presidential elections