World Bulletin / News Desk
Judges in The Hague acquitted Radovan Karadzic of one count of genocide on Thursday, but left 10 other war crimes and genocide charges standing against the former Bosnian Serb leader.
Judges ruled that there was not enough evidence to show that killings carried out by Bosnian Serb forces in the municipalities of Bosnia in 1992 were committed with genocidal intent.
But they rejected defence motions to dismiss 10 other charges that included the 1995 killing of 8,000 Muslims in Srebrenica, Europe's worst massacre since World War II.
Karadzic was leader of the Bosnian Serb government during the three-year war that raged in Bosnia from 1992 after the break-up of Yugoslavia.
He was indicted for war crimes and genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in 1995 and brought to The Hague 13 years later. His trial, under way since 2009, continues later this year with the opening of his defence case.
The tremor struck 40 kilometres (25 miles) west of Panguna on Papua New Guinea's Bougainville island at a depth of 153 kilometres at 3:30 pm local time (0430 GMT), the US Geological Survey said.
President says media ‘made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community', after his anti-intel comments
Former president’s departure averts military intervention by regional forces
3 candidates in tight first round fight, including ex-PM Valls, former rebel ministers Montebourg, Hamon
Images show mass damage in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, including buildings being blown into roadways
Le Pen, Wilders sa, 2017 will see awakening of continental Europe and put an end to supremacy of EU
Protests taking place across globe as US turnout rivals Trump inauguration crowd
Defense minister sends welcome message to Turkish President ahead of his official Africa tour
An EU summit in December called for increasing support to the Libyan coast guard, which the EU began training and equipping last October.
A group of Israeli settlers were rescued by the mayor of a Palestinian village in the northern West Bank
Published moments after the inauguration of President Donald Trump, a statement on the White House website said that the US will develop a "state-of-the-art missile defense system" to defend against attacks from Iran, North Korea and others.
The meeting aims to discuss the six-year conflict in Libya, which fell into turmoil since 2011
Two men and two women were rescued alive in the the early hours of Saturday.
Earlier this month the prime minister reshuffled his cabinet to align better with the incoming US administration.
Billed as a "counter-summit", organisers of the European Nationalists have said the parties would use the event in the historic Rhine river city of Koblenz to set out their joint "vision for a Europe of freedom".
Foreign Ministry statement says Gambian people showed 'prudent stance' during political crisis