World Bulletin / News Desk
Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Thursday ordered the release of 572 people detained by the military, the official MENA news agency reported.
Morsi, who was sworn in last month as Egypt's first elected civilian president, "issued an order to pardon 572 people convicted by the military justice," MENA said.
The Egyptian president had ordered the formation of a committee to review the cases of civilians tried by the military.
A total of 11,879 Egyptians have been detained by the military since last year's uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak, according to figures issued by the committee. Of these, 9,714 have since been released.
Activists and international rights groups have repeatedly called for the end of military trials of civilians.
According to the victim's husband, Mounir, 33, the woman took her two daughters to school when she was faced by two young men.
Iraqi foreign ministry expressed Iraq's concern about the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.
Yemen's Hadi leaves Aden attend Arab summit, in Egypt under Saudi protection
Hezbollah sees Yemen strikes causing more Mideast tension
Troops from Chad and Niger pursued Boko Haram in Nigerian border area
U.S. special envoy says coalition "seriously degrading" ISIL in Tikrit
An alliance of Syrian opposition including Nusra Front have overun 17 defence posts around Idlib
Iraqi MP Aydin Maruf calls for arming of Sunni tribes to participate in Tikrit military operation against ISIL
The Turkish foreign ministry said in a statement that Turkey backs Saudi military intervention in Yemen
Russian foreign ministry calls on all parties involved in Yemen crisis to immediately stop all forms of military activity
Dusko Dabetic was detained in Turkey's holiday resort province of Antalya.
A Marseille prosecutor said on Thursday, Germanwings co-pilot likely crashed jet deliberately
Notes written by Prince Charles to government departments between 2004-2005 could now be published after landmark ruling.
According to a senior U.S. official, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry spoke with the foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia and welcomed their decision
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) will investigate chlorine gas attack claims..