World Bulletin / News Desk
Abdurezzak Aslan el-Laz, an ex-Syrian army colonel who joined the opponents last month, has said about Kurdish Syrian crisis, "Opponents will not let creation of a Kurdish controlled region in Syria."
Laz shared what he went through and the latest developments in his country with AA and said that Al-Assad's forces slaughter with guns which were bought with public's money and he stated that when looking at the crisis from outside, the situation is not clearly understandable.
Laz underlined that "media covered up most of the incidents" and continued, "I could not stand seeing the death of women and children so I left the regime and came next to Syrian people. Decisions which are being taken internationally just stayed over the papers."
Laz noted that he left his position in the Syrian prime ministry and moved onto the Free Syrian Army on July 10.
Replying to the questions of AA about the logistic and military mobility at the towns near Turkish border, Laz clarified, "There is a pressure on Turkish government however, Turkey is a strong country and will not rise to the bait. It is only Turkey's business to decide to send soldiers and equipment to the Syrian border."
He expressed that 85 percent of Syrian people support the reforms and said, "International decisions taken over the papers only work for extending the duration of Al-Assad's regime. Regime increases the amount of cruelty and the pressure more every other day. Syrian people will keep fighting for their freedom until Al-Assad leaves."
He also stated that they will preserve the political and social rights of all ethnic and religious groups living in Syria and continued clarifying, "We as opponents are not approving creation of a Kurdish state on the soil of Syria. Like others, of course we will be keeping the political and social rights of Kurdish people however, we will not let division of Syria."
Opposition talks team raise humanitarian issues with Russian foreign ministry
Four other Saudis who also had "criminal records and have taken part in terror acts" were arrested following the clash on Tuesday morning, the ministry said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA.
War-torn Yemen has so far received only small fraction of $2.1 billion requested by UN, humanitarian official says
Residents of Zabadani and Madaya, two towns near Damascus under siege by government forces, will leave their homes in return for the evacuation of Fuaa and Kafraya, two mainly Shiite towns in the northwest besieged by the rebels, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Two missiles hit a vehicle on the outskirts of the town of Mudiyah in Abyan province, killing all four people inside, the official said.
Appeal comes as Arab leaders prepare for this week's Arab League summit in Jordan
A senior Syrian government official warned on Sunday that the Tabqa Dam had already been damaged by US led air strikes
No damage reported in attack carried out by Houthi rebels in Yemen
Antonio Guterres is also expected to attend one-day Arab summit during his visit to Jordan
Local authorities blame deadly attack -- which also left three attackers dead -- on Al-Qaeda
- More than 1M patients have had operations, and 200,000 Syrian babies born in Turkey since 2011, says Veysi Kaynak
The funds will go towards seven Interpol projects including counter-terrorism, cybercrime and drugs, an official statement said.
Conflicts in Syria, Yemen and Libya are expected to figure high during Arab summit
Coordinator of International Rabia Platform says Egypt's elected president Morsi is in jail, while a 'dictator' is free
Population of northern Syrian city recovers to 80,000 after terror group was cleared in mid-February
The Sinai Peninsula has seen an uptick in violence in recent days