World Bulletin / News Desk
Building of the most difficult part of "Corridor 5C" Motorway which starts from Hungary, passes through Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia then reaches Adriatic Sea took start.
Turkish Firm Cengiz Construction is in charge of the construction of the highway. The construction of 25 kilometres long section of the motorway which is filled with tunnels between Suhodol-Tarcin is expected to cost 115 million Euro and the estimated due date for completion is end of 2014.
Construction site manager Ugur Demir informed AA about the parts of the motorway which are being built under their supervision and he said that as the part they are working on has too many tunnels, they have brought machinery suitable to use in the tunnels and its construction.
The Bosnian company Euroasfalt will also take part in the construction work as well.
Member of staff from Cengiz Construction Nurettin Karagol said that there are 25 people working at the construction site and he added that when they work in full capacity, the number of staff will rise to 200.
He stated that as they are a holding company, they build motorways all around the world and they are experienced in their field. Karagol stated that they would like to build more highways in Bosnia-Herzegovina and share their experience.
Construction of Corridor 5 took start in 1997 in Helsinki. The object is to connect the Bosnian network to the Corridor 5 that runs from Venice, Italy, through Trieste, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Budapest in Hungary and on to the Ukrainian capital of Kiev.
Elvan, then aged 14, got caught up in street battles in Istanbul between police and protesters on June 16
Turkish dailies on Wednesday mainly cover the death of Gezi protests victim after 269 days in coma, the release of the detained suspects in Ergenekon case and the killings in courthouses.
Plans to reconstruct the military barracks in its former spot in Taksim's Gezi Park caused much controversy last year, when activists occupied the park to prevent building work from being commenced.
More detainees in "Ergenekon" coup trial have been released as the maximum detention period is reduced.
Turkey and Niger signed agreements for cooperation in energy, infrastructure, health
Elvan was the sixth person to die in violence during nationwide protests in late May and June over Erdogan's plans to rebuild an Istanbul park
Israel's Netanyahu said he is hopeful for the restoration of diplomatic ties with Turkey.
Turkish parliament Speaker Cemil Cicek said “The biggest insult and the biggest disrespect that can be done to a society is accusing them of committing genocide, though it is not real.”
Muhammad Salih claims that followers of Fethullah Gulen are pushing to deport him from Turkey in return for a lift of restrictions on their activities in Uzbekistan.
Most Turkish dailies on Tuesday dedicated their front pages to the releases of detainees connected with Ergenekon case – an alleged coup plot – plus a Turkish Super League football match between Trabzonspor and Fenerbahce which was abandonded after fans threw flares and objects on to the pitch before clashing with police.
A court in Istanbul frees two more detainess of Ergenekon alleged coup attempt case, but one will still be detained pending his second case.
Two people, one man and one woman, have been shot in an attack at a courthouse in Istanbul's Caglayan district.
Bulgaria plans a gas pipeline connection to Turkey in order to diversify its natural gas resources.
Berkin Elvan, then aged 14, got caught up in street battles between police and protesters on June 16 after going out to buy bread for his family
In a statement, the ministry said navy forces moved to rescue the 48-year-old Turkish crew member after receiving a request for help from the ship crew.