World Bulelletin / News Desk
"SV Estelle", an aid ship backed mainly by Swedish, Norwegian and Finn groups, is continuing its journey to Palestine to break Gaza blockade.
Scandinavian activist groups had launched "Ship to Gaza" a week ago, hoping to challenge Israel's blockade on Gaza since 2007.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA) correspondent on Thursday, co-ordinator of Ship to Gaza campaign, Mikael Lofgren, said that they wanted to break the blockade in a method that contains no violence.
"If the Israeli army shoot at us, we will not shoot back because we have no arms. We will try our best, but with non violent methods," said Lofgren.
Lofgren stated that there was only one sailing vessel at the moment, but during its journey other ships might accompany them.
"Other ships might join us...Maybe, we'll see. We are happy with the one we have got. Power is not always about size or military strength," Lofgren said.
Expressing that they were not able to take lots of aid material with them because of the ship's size, "SV Estelle is not a cargo ship, so its capability in this respect is limited. We bring, among other things, medicines, medical equipment, musical instruments, and foot balls," he said.
Lofgren said that the vessel would arrive at Gaza in the first week of October.
He said that during one-week journey, they received tremendous support from the people of Nordic countries, adding that everyone in Nordic and European countries are against the siege.
Despite having an egregious example of 2010 "Mavi Marmara" incident in front of them, Lofgren said that they were fearless.
"Unarmed men can never be ready to meet deadly violence from their opponents. It is not us that should have learned a lesson, but the Israeli government. Let us hope they have," said Lofgren.
Nine activists aboard the Mavi Marmara aid ship were killed by Israeli troops in a raid they conducted on May 31, 2010 in international waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
Mavi Marmara was part of the "Freedom Flotilla" which included a total of six ships. Many other activists were wounded in the raid.
A second convoy, planned in 2011, had not set sail after the organizers said they had been sabotaged.
A source close to Deutsche Bank has said that a fine relating to the 2008 financial crises has been reduced from $14bn to $5.4bn
Government says several multinational oil companies failed to properly declare $12.7 billion in crude exports to U.S.
The Human Rights Council have adopted four resolutions that included creating a commission of inquiry to conduct a thorough investigation into human rights violations and abuses in Burundi since April 2015
Sweden has confirmed it will become the next country to join the NATO Strategic Communications Center of Excellence (STRATCOMCOE) which is based in Riga
Erdogan's historic visit in 2011 was turning point in evolution of security and stability in Somalia, says Mohamud
United Nations assistant secretary general Toby Lanzer said the suffering in northeast Nigeria and surrounding areas was the worst he had ever witnessed.
United Party for National Development MPs say President Edgar Lungu is not legitimate
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas gets reactions of Palestinians after he cries over former Israeli Prime Minister President during his funeral
Head of Crimean Tatar Mejlis says community will take Russian prohibtion on parliament to European Court of Human Rights
"All member states greenlight early EU ratification of Paris agreement. What some believed impossible is now real," European Union President Donald Tusk said on Twitter.
The UN refugee agency said now around 100,000 people -- many of whom had fled into the town in search of safety -- could no longer leave after government troops surrounded the area.
Looking drawn and dressed in a dark suit, Ntaganda took his place in the dock behind his defence lawyers at his trial in the International Criminal Court, with a witness giving testimony.
Participation of Shia militias in upcoming campaign to free ISIL-held Mosul could spark sectarian conflict, experts warn
He also reported a sharp drop so far this year to 210,000 people seeking safe haven in the biggest EU economy as of last week.
The Czech leader said Prague was "disturbed by the increase in hateful attacks in Britain aimed at the citizens of EU member states".