World Bulletin / News Desk
Four individuals were detained in the eastern province of Tunceli on Thursday in connection with an attack that killed a prosecutor.
Ovacık Chief Public Prosecutor Murat Uzun was critically wounded in an armed attack in Tunceli on Wednesday. The prosecutor was in intensive care until Thursday afternoon, when he was pronounced dead by doctors.
The 35-year-old prosecutor was shot in the head by an unidentified assailant in Ovacık while returning to his apartment. Uzun was rushed to Ovacık State Hospital for urgent treatment and then taken to the Elazığ Research Hospital, where he later died.
A police operation has been launched to capture the assailant, who fled in a car immediately following the incident.
Four people have so far been detained on suspicion of links to the armed attack, security forces said.
Uzun was reportedly appointed to Ovacık from Antalya's Serik district in July.
The Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK), the Tunceli Bar Association and the Human Rights Association (İHD) all condemned the attack in separate statements on Thursday.
In February, Doğubayazıt Public Prosecutor Hakan Kılıç was shot dead by an unidentified individual in the eastern province of Ağrı.
Guinness world record attempt for longest truck procession take place at city's 3rd airport, still under construction
Meetings between Erdogan, EU officials during NATO summit held in constructive atmosphere: European Commission chief
President has right to address group as party chairman, says Mustafa Elitas
BIST 100 index opens 0.17 percent higher; US dollar/Turkish lira rate stands at around 3.57
Foreign Ministry urges politicians and media abroad to play their roles in preventing such attacks
Speaking at the 564th anniversary event of Istanbul's conquest, Erdogan says serving Istanbul means serving Turkey
Saturday's suicide car bombing in southeastern province of Khost left 18 people dead
PKK attack in southeastern Sirnak province had left the soldier in critical condition
Speaking at fast-breaking program, Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey will not allow July 15 coup attempt to happen again
Bus veered out of control as driver fell asleep, 11 of the injured are in critical condition
Owner of Turkish daily, two employees accused of helping FETO terror group
Turkey's delegation at parliamentary assembly will grow from 12 to 18 members in light of its population
Turkish president was very clear about Ankara's expectations from EU, Mevlut Cavusoglu says
Operations launched in five provinces as part of probe into terrorist organization's financial network
Parliamentary inquiry committee head for July 15 defeated coup says FETO behind attempt under orders from US-based Gulen