World Bulletin / News Desk
In a statement released following their seventh meeting in Cairo as part of the Arab League, the Arab Parliament stressed that all data indicated that Lakhdar Brahimi would fail in his duty like his predecessor Kofi Annan.
"Brahimi should give up his duty on Syria in order to preserve his career full of achievements. Brahimi should announce his resignation and inform the UN and the UN Security Council on his decision," the Arab Parliament said in their statement.
"Brahimi solved many international problems in the past. He should leave his duty on Syria. Russia, China and Iran must bear full responsibility for the massacre in Syria," the Arab Parliament underlined.
Reacting to Brahimi's comments that the Syrian crisis could not be solved without the full support of the members of the UN Security Council, the Arab Parliament stated that the Arab peoples were disappointed after Brahimi placed the killer and victims in Syria in the same category.
The statement also argued that international and regional powers tried to gain time by providing political and logistics support to the Assad regime.
Brahimi recently paid a three-day visit to Syria during which he held talks with Syrian officials, including President Bashar al-Assad.
Kuwait also ordered the closure of the Iranian "military, cultural and trade" missions, said the government official, who asked not to be named.
Viral videos show Saudi prince physically and verbally assaulting at least 4 residents in capital Riyadh
Last week, Iraq formally declared victory over ISIL in Mosul
Sinai Peninsula has remained the epicenter of deadly militant insurgency since 2013
Talks are expected to tackle cooperation on fighting ISIL
The interior ministry said the two militants killed in New Cairo were senior members of the Hasam group -- an extremist movement the government accuses of links to the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.
Prime minister denies cooperation with Syrian regime over planned operation around Juroud Arsal
UN agency says capital Sanaa among provinces hardest-hit by the disease
The measure, which goes into effect on Thursday, will not include spouses of Egyptians or university students who will be granted tourist visas on arrival, foreign ministry spokesman Ahmed Abu Zeid said.
Last month, four Arab states imposed a blockade on Qatar, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism
Parliament approves extension of troops for the period between Sept. 5, 2017, and Oct. 31, 2018
The Washington Post says UAE orchestrated hacking of Qatar's state-run news and social media sites
High-ranking military, scientists listed over targeting of civilians
A news report said six countries asked FIFA to remove Qatar as World Cup hosts