World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkey has responded a new attack by Syrian forces on Hatay, southern city of Turkey.
Hatay Governor's Office announced on Monday that a mortar shell landed on a vacant area on Sunday in Altinozu town and was retaliated immediately by Turkish border forces.
The office said that there were no casualties in the attack and the area where the mortar shell hit was not a settlement area, 150 meters inside the Turkish border.
Meanwhile, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu called Nabil Al-Arabi, Secretary General of the Arab League, and briefed him on Syrian attacks on Turkey.
Arab League deputy secretary general Ahmed Bin Huli said that parties talked about the violation Syria had been making and discussed what to do in order the crisis would not go out of control.
Huli said that the tension at the border made things worse and called on Syria to stop the crisis which Arab League was deeply concerned about.
Turkey responded to Syria after Syrian artillery shells landed on south-eastern town of Akcakale on October 3, killing 5 Turks and wounding 10 others.
Turkish Parliament approved a Prime Ministry motion on October 4 that authorized the Turkish government to send troops abroad. The motion gives the Turkish government the power to respond in an appropriate manner if such an act against Turkey's sovereignty takes place again.