World Bulletin/News Desk
After the Iranian-made drone launched by Hezbollah in southern Lebanon, which penetrated Israeli airspace last Saturday, Israel continues to keep the findings of its investigation into the drone incident under wraps. According to the report by Israeli paper Haaretz, the unmanned aircraft was not a "suicide" weapon, but was sent to photograph targets in Israel; review Israel's aerial-defense system; and also to reinforce Hezbollah's deterrent credibility as much as possible.
Israel's security establishment is making an ongoing effort to maintain its deterrent edge with regard to Hezbollah, and the officials are taking steps in the international arena to gain legitimacy for any future military measures that might need to be taken, Haaretz reported.
"This diplomatic preparation for possible war is necessary: The underlying operating assumption is that the next round of conflict will begin under adverse circumstances, from Israel's standpoint" says Haaretz.
According to the paper, "the lack of a comprehensive list of viable targets was one of the major errors of the 2006 war" and now "priority in operations will be given to anything used as a base for firing rockets at Israel, at its civilian population and at military targets" says IDF officials, declaring "organizations' infrastructures, and then, if the need arises, the Lebanese army, should it intervene in the fighting," will be the targets.
After the 2006 war, Hezbollah moved most of its resources from various camps in the field - branded "nature reserves" by the IDF, Israeli army officials claims. The report states "95 percent of Hezbollah targets are siuated in civilian surroundings, and involve the use of civilians as human shields. These are not military bases - they are headquarters and arsenals, located within buildings that also serve as places of residence for civilians."
"A residential building that holds weapons, or that is used as an emergency military headquarters, constitutes a viable military target. The IDF has the responsibility of warning the civilian population before an attack, and of assembling high quality intelligence information to ensure a precise strike," report says.
More than 100,000 people remain displaced because some 12,500 destroyed homes cannot be rebuilt because Israel restricts the importing of building materials
The Egyptian army has detained a further 48 Muslim Brotherhood members in separate raids
Recent fighting in Yemen has killed over 1,500 civilians since March, new UN report says
Saudi Public Investment Fund has agreed to invest record amount of money into Russia
Four journalists in Egypt have been arrested in the last week and are facing charges belonging to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports Syrian Kurds retake northern villages from ISIL
Here is the old scenes of Medina.. While you watch these scenes, you feel like to travel in time.
176 fighters and civilians died in Yemen on Monday, which became the highest daily toll so far
Israeli PM spokesman says internal security service SHABAK detained six Bedouin citizens from Negev accused of supporting ISIL
Iranians want the ballistic missile sanctions lifted, but Western powers are not willing to meet Iran's demands
President Barack Obama promised to give more assistance to Syrian opposition to fight ISIL
Kuwait has detained 26 people who are linked to the attack on a mosque last month
Egypt has drafted an antiterrorism bill that threatens at least two years in prison for those who contradict official figures when reporting on militant attacks.
The Egyptian army has launched operations in Northern Sinai, killing 63 opposition forces.
Saudi-led strikes hit party headquarters of Houthi ally former president Ali Abdullah Saleh
Foreign minister insists recent violence in restive peninsula is 'nothing more than criminal, terrorist acts'