World Bulletin / News Desk
Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Tuesday condemned a NATO operation that he said killed four children in the country's east, a claim the coalition said was possible.
The operation took place in the Baraki Barak district of Logar province on Saturday, a statement released by Karzai's office said, adding: "It resulted in the killing of four innocent children" who were tending to livestock.
Despite repeated pledges by NATO to avoid civilian casualties, innocent lives, including children, are still being lost," Karzai said in the statement.
A spokeswoman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said it was aware of possible ISAF-related civilian casualties from the Oct. 20 operation.
Foreign Ministry hits out over ongoing deaths as OIC fact-finding mission seeks access to disputed region
Former military officer accuses president of kowtowing to China in territorial dispute to curry economic favor
The meeting, which is scheduled for April 6-7, could be crucial in setting the tone of the relationship between the two powers in coming years.
Move follows recent attacks against students, particularly Nigerians, in northern Greater Noida city
Group issues statement asserting right to defend Rohingya Muslim community in Rakhine state
The verdict is the latest legal case to hamper an opposition movement struggling to break Prime Minister Hun Sen's 32-year grip on power.
Former South Korean leader appears for hearing to decide prosecution’s arrest warrant request
Turmaks to construct 6-floor, multi-facility King Salman Mosque
It is not possible, physically or technically, for terrorists to get hold of nuclear weapons and fire them: Mubarak Mand
Women ice hockey team to play in tournament in South Korea amid heightened tensions
Delegation from Yangon will meet local leaders following crackdown, alleged abuses in western state
Newspapers said relatives of the missing had been put through "heaven and hell" and accused the maritime ministry of recklessness.
The confirmation, which sparked strong criticism from rights groups, came a day after Lee Ming-cheh's wife said he had been detained by Chinese security units.
He is now the fourth wealthiest man in China, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index, with $23.3 billion on March 29, just behind Pony Ma, founder of internet giant Tencent.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry says it summoned a French diplomat after a Chinese national was killed by a police officer in Paris.
At least 35 people detained amid riots after Paris police shot Chinese national dead on Sunday