World Bulletin / News Desk
At least 34 people have been killed and dozens injured in a double car bombing in Libya’s eastern city of Benghazi, according to local medical sources on Wednesday.
A car-bomb exploded outside a mosque in Benghazi’s central Al Salmani district on Tuesday evening. A second bombing struck as people gathered to help the victims of the first blast.
A medical source said 25 dead bodies were transferred to the government-run Al-Galaa hospital in Benghazi.
Nine more bodies were sent to the Benghazi Medical Center, the sources said.
According to the sources, 73 people were injured in the two bombings.
The sources expected the death toll to rise as many of the injured were in a critical condition.
Among those killed was Ahmed al-Fetouri of the investigation and arrest unit attached to the general command of East Libya-based security forces.
There was no claim of responsibility for the attack.
Libya has remained dogged by violence and chaos since 2011, when a bloody uprising led to the ouster and death of longtime President Muammar Gaddafi after more than four decades in power.
The ensuing power vacuum led to the emergence of several competing seats of government and a host of heavily-armed militia groups.
Platini was banned from all football-related activities, later reduced on appeal to four years, by FIFA following a $2 million payment he received from the body in 2011 for work he did a decade earlier, with no contract to show for the deal.
The airstrike was believed to have been carried out by a U.S.-led coalition warplane
Video shows desecration with bacon, ‘bodily fluids’
South Korea's presidential office celebrates possible resurrection of Trump-Kim summit
For 9th Friday in row, Palestinians demonstrate near Gaza-Israel security fence despite risk of violent Israeli response
Baghdad says strikes are pre-approved by regime in Damascus
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) filed a lawsuit on Tuesday claiming Anchorage Correctional Complex had violated constitutional prohibitions against "cruel and unusual punishment."
Turkmen, Arabs in oil-rich Kirkuk say results of May 12 parliamentary poll were manipulated, demand recount
Use of electronic voting machines in Iraq’s May 12 polls has led to allegations of electoral fraud
Mahmoud Abbas last year reduced salaries of 60,000 Gaza-based Palestinian Authority employees
'This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history,' Trump writes in letter
'Nikki Haley, the blood is on your hands!', one student shouted during her speech at a Texas university
Israel's West Bank settlements are illegal under international law and are bitterly opposed by Palestinians.
In a joint statement, the G7 leaders of Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United States, along with the European Union, said they "are united in rejecting the electoral process" that led to the May 20 ballot.