World Bulletin / News Desk
The International Court of Justice in The Hague Thursday rejected Bosnia's appeal to review a 2007 genocide case that cleared Serbia on Thursday.
According to Bosnia Herzegovina's presidency, the request for the revision of the genocide case was rejected on the grounds that "the decision to reopen the case is not a joint decision of the council members".
"On the grounds that Bosnia and Herzegovina's decision to reopen the genocide case against Serbia was not a decision taken by the competent authorities of the state, nothing can be done about the application made for the revision of the decision on February 26th, 2007," says the statement from the office of presidency.
The Bosniak member of Bosnia Herzegovina's tripartite presidency, Bakir Izetbegovic, announced two weeks ago that an appeal would be lodged against the International Court of Justice's 2007 verdict that cleared Serbia of complicity in genocide during the 1992-95 Bosnian War.
The lawsuit has its origins in the July 1995 Srebrenica genocide that occurred when Bosnian Serb forces killed 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys after overrunning a UN-protected safe area during the Bosnian War.
In February 2007, the International Court of Justice in The Hague rejected the genocide case taken by Bosnia against the state of Serbia.
Although it described Srebrenica as a case of genocide, it did not find Serbia guilty of being directly responsible for the killings. The statute of limitation to reopen the case will expire at the end of February.
Zeidan, who became premier in November 2012, was dismissed by Libya's parliament in March 2014 amid accusations that public funds had been embezzled.
Report says children resulting from enslavement of women should not face marginalization
Stoltenberg will hold talks with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Warsaw on Thursday before travelling to the NATO base in the northern village of Orzysz, Tomasz Szatkowski, Poland's deputy defence minister, told local media on Tuesday.
Firefighters were digging with their bare hands to pull 11-year old Ciro, the last of three brothers buried in the debris, about 13 hours after the quake struck.
Operation comes as U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis arrives in Baghdad for talks on anti-ISIL fight
Thousands of pastoralists in northern Ngorongoro district made homeless as homes torched to protect wild game
UNICEF says 'extremely concerned about an appalling increase in the cruel and calculated use of children, especially girls'
Iraqi troops, supported by the forces of a US-led international coalition, routed IS fighters in Mosul in July following a gruelling nine-month fight.
In the eurozone, Frankfurt's DAX 30 index gained 0.7 percent to 12,151.76 points and the Paris CAC 40 advanced 0.5 percent to 5,112.13 compared with the close Monday.
US to base strategy 'on conditions'; will not discuss troop levels
West African nation recalled its ambassador to Qatari capital Doha earlier in June
Agency director estimates about 1,100 employees will work overtime hours that exceeds congressionally-mandated limits
Macedonia's foreign ministry said it was informed by the embassy late Sunday that employees were being called back to Belgrade for consultations.
The government also emphasised that current negotiations about the divorce are "inextricably" linked to future trade arrangements and should therefore be discussed at the same time.