World Bulletin / News Desk
Four Iraqi refugees were killed by a roadside bomb in northern Iraq on Saturday, according to a local police officer.
The device exploded amid a group of fleeing civilians in al-Huwaija district in the northern Saladin province, lieutenant Noaman al-Jabouri said
Eight refugees were also injured in the blast.
"ISIL has planted roadside devices in roads frequented by displaced civilians," al-Jabouri said.
ISIL still controls a large area in southwestern Kirkuk from which it launches attacks against security forces.
Last month, Iraqi forces dislodged ISIL from Mosul, which the terrorist group overran in 2014 along vast swathes of territory in northern and western Iraq.
Ould Ghada, prominent opposition figure, was arrested last week
New Unified Combatant Command 'will strengthen our cyberspace operations'
Opposition lawmakers refuse to attend session announcing decree
The 15 council members held the commemoration at the start of a session dedicated to the crisis in Yemen.
Catalonia police spokesman Josep Lluis Trapero added that a driver who mowed down crowds of pedestrians in the first attack in a busy Barcelona street Thursday could be among five suspects later shot dead in a nearby city.
Massoud Barzani, General Joseph Leonard Fotel discuss fight against ISIL, planned referendum on region’s independence
Sergey Lavrov, Sigmar Gabriel say there is 'no alternative' to political, diplomatic solutions
UN agency says civilians in South Sudan keep flocking to Ethiopia as fight between government forces, rebels continues
Around 1,000 migrants, refugees to be moved to 18 sites across Ile-de-France region
Victim's name will not be released until family is informed, says Turkey's embassy in Madrid
For his part, Interior Minister Gerard Collomb told RTL radio that "the number of those who have been seriously injured may perhaps be even higher at around 17."
New York Police Department officials said the force would hold a press conference but declined to provide scheduling details.
Death toll feared to rise due to severe conditions of the many injured
The pickup truck, which had an improvised white wooden trailer constructed over the back, was transporting them in "overcrowded and unsanitary conditions," said a state police report seen by AFP.
At least 13 people were killed and more than 50 injured when a driver deliberately slammed his vehicle into crowds on Barcelona's most popular street -- Las Ramblas -- in what police qualified as a "terror attack."
The van attack that mowed down pedestrians on Barcelona's most famous street on Thursday killing at least 13 people was the latest fatal assault on a European city.