World Bulletin / News Desk
Greek authorities sent back 60 people to Turkey under an Ankara-EU deal, Athens’s Public Security Ministry said on Friday.
The ministry said the group was taken from Kos Island under the supervision of FRONTEX, the EU border security agency.
Fifty-six of the migrants are from Pakistan; three Bangladeshis and one Nepali national were also among those returned.
The latest figure increased the total number of people sent back to Turkey to 1,074 since the deal came into force in April last year.
The Greek ministry also said it had completed evaluating 36 other applications for international protection; 21 were rejected and three were withdrawn.
Opinion piece penned by presidential aide in UK newspaper says Yes vote ended era of weak coalition governments
Turkey's Justice and Development Party will hold meeting to renew president's membership
Turkish president calls for 'common sense' in Macedonia
Neither European Court of Human Rights nor Constitutional Court can change decision of the people, says Yildirim
Russian surveillance vessel sinks after hitting freighter off Turkish coast
Turkish president defends constitutional change referendum
Attack in Ercis district of Van province leaves 3 village guards wounded
John Bass addresses 8th Atlantic Council Istanbul Summit
BIST 100 index opens 0.19 percent higher, US dollar/Turkish lira rate stands at around 3.56
A PKK militant Abdi Ferhad Sahin who is on the most wanted list has been seen briefing an American commander in Syria
Officer probably served during Russo-Ottoman war of 1877-78
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim talks to President Masoud Barzani after Turkish airstrike