World Bulletin / News Desk
Three soldiers were killed in a PKK terrorist attack in southeastern Sirnak province on Friday, according to officials.
One of the three soldiers had succumbed to his wounds at the Sirnak State Hospital late Friday.
According to a statement released by the Sirnak Governor's Office, seven terrorists were killed in the ongoing operation in Uludere.
The office said earlier that at least three PKK terrorists were killed on Friday in Bestler-Dereler.
In addition, one terrorist was killed in Sehi Forests area of Bitlis province, according to Bitlis Governor's Office statement on late Friday.
With the latest operation in Bitlis, the number of terrorists killed in ongoing counterterrorism operations in the region has gone up to 37 since Wednesday.
Separately, two terrorists were killed during an operation in Cukurca district of neighboring Hakkari province on Thursday, according to a statement issued on Friday by the Turkish General Staff.
One more terrorist was killed in a separate operation in eastern Bitlis province, the military said earlier on Friday, adding that four PKK terrorists had surrendered to security forces in Sirnak.
Turkish fighter jets also struck some shelters, caves and weapon emplacements belonging to the PKK terrorists in northern Iraq's Avasin-Basyan region on Thursday, the military added.
More than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives since the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015.
YPG/PKK terrorists attack guardhouse in southeastern Sanliurfa; Turkish military retaliates
‘If we are strategic partners, then you will respect us,’ says Turkish president
Suspects arrested in Ankara were plotting terrorist attack ahead of spring festival of Nevruz, police source says
Operation to nab suspects has been launched in 18 cities as part of ongoing FETO probe
Emirati foreign minister's remarks have not been made 'with good intention': Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman
Bekir Bozdag says Afrin civilians unharmed; water, medicine, food supply not prevented during Operation Olive Branch
Operation to go on until terror corridor - Manbij, Ayn al-Arab, Tell Abyad, Ras al-Ayn, Qamishli - is wiped out: President
Disaster and Emergency Management Authority, Turkey's Red Crescent distribute hot meals, food packets in Afrin villages
Culture and tourism minister says Turkey's ongoing Afrin operation will not affect tourism
Ibrahim Kalin says there is still work to do in Afrin, where Turkish troops and Syrian fighters took control on Sunday
20 Pakistanis in truck in Edirne province close to Greek border held by gendarmes
13 terrorists killed, 2 captured, 6 surrendered on March 12-19, says Interior Ministry
Hasan Celal Guzel passes away in hospital in Ankara where he was receiving treatment
Event marked historic 1915 victory and told American public about Turkey, says head of Yunus Emre Institute in the US
Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin says security and humanitarian aid operations are in progress in northwestern Syria
Erdogan says ‘terror wave against Turkey’ is nothing more than efforts of reviving Canakkale campaign century after