World Bulletin / News Desk
An Egyptian court on Saturday adjourned until March 22 the trial of former president Hosni Mubarak, ex-prime minister Ahmed Nazif and former interior minister Habib al-Adly on charges of causing the national economy major losses by blocking internet and communication services during the 2011 popular revolution.
The Administrative Court had earlier fined the three defendants 540 million Egyptian pounds ($78 million) for blocking internet and communication services during the 2011 uprising that brought Mubarak's 30-year autocracy to an end.
A fact-finding commission formed by ousted president Mohamed Morsi had found that the three ex-officials had intentionally blocked internet and communication services, which led to a rise in the number of people killed and injured in confrontations between demonstrators and policemen during the revolt.
The three defendants appealed the sentence, but the court on Saturday decided to adjourn the trial until March 22 to have more time to review appeal documents.
Saudi Public Investment Fund has agreed to invest record amount of money into Russia
Four journalists in Egypt have been arrested in the last week and are facing charges belonging to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports Syrian Kurds retake northern villages from ISIL
176 fighters and civilians died in Yemen on Monday, which became the highest daily toll so far
Israeli PM spokesman says internal security service SHABAK detained six Bedouin citizens from Negev accused of supporting ISIL
Iranians want the ballistic missile sanctions lifted, but Western powers are not willing to meet Iran's demands
President Barack Obama promised to give more assistance to Syrian opposition to fight ISIL
Kuwait has detained 26 people who are linked to the attack on a mosque last month
Egypt has drafted an antiterrorism bill that threatens at least two years in prison for those who contradict official figures when reporting on militant attacks.
The Egyptian army has launched operations in Northern Sinai, killing 63 opposition forces.
Saudi-led strikes hit party headquarters of Houthi ally former president Ali Abdullah Saleh
Foreign minister insists recent violence in restive peninsula is 'nothing more than criminal, terrorist acts'
The Lebanese group Hezbollah's television station al Manar said its members and the Syrian army entered Zabadani where oppositions have held it since 2012.
Egyptian dictatorship detains 63 Muslim Brotherhood members. Latest arrests come only days after security forces gun down nine Brotherhood members in West Cairo apartment
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons