World Bulletin / News Desk
An Egyptian court on Saturday adjourned until March 22 the trial of former president Hosni Mubarak and others on charges of killing demonstrators during the January 25, 2011 revolution and financial corruption.
The court also lifted a media ban on the trial, allowing television channels to broadcast the trial of the strongman who ruled Egypt for three decades from 1981.
Mubarak, his interior minister Habib al-Adly and six other Interior Ministry officials are accused of inciting the killing of hundreds of protesters during the January 25 revolution, which ended Mubarak's autocracy.
Mubarak, his two sons and business tycoon Hussein Salem are also tried on charges of financial corruption; abuse of power; profiteering, and exporting Egyptian natural gas to Israel at prices below market rates.
On Saturday, the court received a report from a technical committee about five villas in the Red Sea resort of Sharm al-Sheikh that have allegedly been presented by Salem to Mubarak in the form of bribes.
Mubarak receives treatment at a southern Cairo military hospital.
He and his interior minister were sentenced to 25 years in prison in late 2012 on charges of killing demonstrators, but the court ordered a retrial after accepting an appeal from the former president against the sentence.
UN humanitarian coordinator Jan Egeland says reaching aid for Syrians it is impossible and a critical situation in some areas.
Egypt's lead investigator said signals coming from the aircraft's fuselage will narrow down the search radius from 40 miles to three
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suffered his second cabinet resignation in a week on Friday when a minister quit over the appointment of a hardline nationalist in the "extremist government".
Iranian man last of 4 refugees detained by Australia who volunteered to move to Cambodia last year
US ground troops are aiding the coalition against ISIL in Raqqa
Iranian official accuses Saudi Arabia of planning large-scale cyber attack against his country
Pentagon comment follows photos surfaced of U.S. special forces wearing Kurdish YPG patches in Syria
The Saudi foreign minister has said that the removal of President Bashar al-Assad as part of a political transition in the violence-torn country.
The US State department has said that it is only " playing an advise and assist role,"
A monitor's, Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, new toll reports on horrific casualties of fighting in Syria
Islamic Constitutional Movement has boycotted two general polls in 2012 and 2013 in protest against a change in electoral law
The UN's Syria envoy says there 'are plenty of civilians at the moment in danger of starvation'
Israeli military planes have hit at a number of sites in Gaza following a rocket attack
Over past ten days, 71 people have been killed in attacks carried out by Assad regime in Syria’s NW Latakia province
Civilians flee ISIL-held city of Raqqa amid fears of imminent attack by PYD terrorist group supported by US air power
Human Rights Watch says Egypt courts have sentenced more than 150 people to prison since May for staging peaceful protests