World Bulletin / News Desk
YouTube, the video sharing website, on Monday filed a complaint to Turkey’s Constitutional Court regarding the continued blocking of the site in Turkey.
Last Friday, a court in Ankara had decided to lift the block on the website, but the public prosecutor's office appealed on the grounds that YouTube had not removed weblinks hosting allegedly illegal content.
After its evaluation of the appeal, the court annulled its earlier decision and ruled that until the legally questionable content is removed from the website the block will continue.
On March 27, YouTube was blocked after recordings of a security meeting involving high-level officials appeared on the site.
Most undocumented migrants have been held in western Izmir province
Over 40 kilograms of heroin and methamphetamine also confiscated
Premier Binali Yildirim adds 400 square-kilometers of northern Iraqi region has been cleared of terrorists
Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources to hold tender for 1,200 MW project -- world's biggest
Syrians, Palestinians, others say Turkey needs strong leader like Erdogan
Dimitris Koufodinas, member of November 17 terror group, is serving 11 life sentences for murder
Northern Iraq's Mt. Qandil is major hideout for PKK terrorists
Bahceli, MHP leader predicts Erdogan will win election in first round
Hakan Cavusoglu says US Senate decision on F-35s does not hold 'value' for Turkey
Binali Yildirim says US Senate decision not to affect delivery of F-35s to Turkey
30 pct of all international aid came from Turkey last year, says Development Initiative
Foreign Ministry urges stronger international solidarity to resolve problems of displaced people worldwide
Manbij deal focuses on ridding northern Syrian city of PKK-affiliated YPG terrorists
Yilmaz said when the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party came to power in 2002, Turkey was last among EU countries in the funding of its education.
Manbij model is important for Syria's future as well, says Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu