World Bulletin / News Desk
A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party said on Thursday that a party legal team would send notes to the International Criminal Court (ICC), after the latter rejected a case by the party against current authorities in Egypt.
"The party and its legal team will study the reasons for the court's rejection of the case and then present their notes in this regard," Mohamed Soudan, the head of the foreign relations committee in the party, told Anadolu Agency via phone from London.
The International Criminal Court on Thursday turned down a case by the Freedom and Justice Party, which was once headed by ousted president Mohamed Morsi, against Egypt's interim authorities.
The party accused the authorities of committing grave crimes, but the court said it has no jurisdiction on the case, because the people who filed it do not represent the Egyptian government, according to a court statement.
Soudan said the party filed the case in its capacity as the representative of a government that was ousted by the Egyptian army.
"The current government in Egypt has led a coup and committed serious crimes against the Egyptian people," Soudan said. "It can't file a request for its involvement in these crimes itself," he added.
Egypt's army moved in July last year to oust Morsi, the country's first freely elected leader, and remove his government following mass protests against the Islamist leader.
In the ten months since, the Egyptian authorities have launched an all-out crackdown on political dissent, putting thousands of opponents – including numerous leaders of Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood – in jail.
Hundreds of Morsi backers were also killed and thousands injured on August 14 of last year, when security forces used overwhelming force to disperse two major anti-coup camps in eastern Cairo's Rabaa al-Adawiya Square and Giza's Nahda Square.
ISIL has taken full control of Gardabiya, the main airport in Sirte after clashes with troops loyal to the Libyan government.
ISIL is set on dividing the Arabian peninsula and increasing sectarian violence in the region.
At least 85 civilians reported killed after government forces carry out raids in Aleppo province, monitoring group says.
The Syrian regime has evacuated the Deir ez-Zor museum's contents to an unknown destination.
Mohamed Soltan, the son of senior Muslim Brotherhood leader Salah Soltan was released from an Egyptian prison after relinquishing his Egyptian nationalityand is on his way to the USA.
Syrian government forces have evacuated Ariha as the alliance of opposition forces have advanced upon the Syrian town of Ariha which borders Turkey
The Houthi have abducted Yemeni lawyer Ahmed al-Hajj and three of his sons from his home in Ibb province.
Qatar will open an embassy in Baghdad, Iraq's foreign minister said Friday.
ISIL has claimed responsibility for the suicide attack at the entrance of a mosque in Saudi Arabia today.
A nine year $12 billion dollar petrochemical project will be built in the Iranian city of Chabahar.
Iran has shared a very limited amount of information with the IAEA with no breakthrough in its inquiry regarding Iran's nuclear plans.
The bomb detonated outside Imam Hussein mosque in the city of al-Dammam during the Friday sermon.
The UN aid chief in her final briefing to Security Council, has painted a disturbed picture of the savagery of the war.
Saudi-led coalition warplanes struck Houthi militias in Yemen on Friday
The EU has extended the sanction over Syria for another year, also adding a senior official to its sanctions list.
Israel already gets at least $3 billion annually from Washington however fears over an Iran deal has seen a request from Israel to the US to increase the spending.