World Bulletin / News Desk
The Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party will appeal an earlier decision by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to reject a complaint against alleged crimes perpetrated by the current authorities in Egypt, said a senior party leader.
"We've been contacting the court for five months now," Mohamed Soudan, the head of the party's foreign relations committee, told Anadolu Agency late Sunday by phone from London.
"If the court really lacks jurisprudence on the case, it would have told us from the beginning," he added.
Soudan dismissed as "political and not legal" the ICC's recent decision to reject the case against Egyptian authorities, citing lack of jurisprudence.
Secretary-General of the international organization of the Muslim Brotherhood Ibrahim Mounir also criticized the ICC decision.
"We'll present new evidence to the court," he told AA by phone from London, declining to reveal the nature of this evidence.
Egypt's army ousted Mohamed Morsi, the country's first freely elected leader, in July last year following mass protests against him.
Morsi contested the 2012 presidential elections as president and candidate of the Brotherhood's party.
In the ten months since his ouster, Egyptian authorities have launched an all-out crackdown on political dissent, putting thousands of opponents – including most Muslim Brotherhood leaders – in jail.
Hundreds of Morsi backers were also killed and thousands injured on August 14 of last year, when security forces violently dispersed two major anti-coup camps in Cairo's Rabaa al-Adawiya and Giza's Nahda squares.
A further 19 million of Yemen's 26-million population now need humanitarian aid, he told a news conference.
Netanyahu, advisors failed to adequately prepare for 2014 conflict or share intel with colleagues, state investigation finds
The UN has verified the recruitment of 1,476 children, all boys, between 26 March 2015 and 31 January 2017, said a statement by the spokesperson for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Ravina Shamdasani.
Senior UN official reportedly barred from entering war-battered Taiz to assess local humanitarian situation
It remains unclear why the Fatah official was banned from entering Egypt
The council will vote Tuesday on the text drafted by the United States, Britain and France that would punish 11 Syrians and 10 entities linked to chemical attacks in 2014 and 2015.
Moscow is turning blind eye to regime ceasefire violations, Syrian opposition figure tells Anadolu Agency from Geneva
The deal between Aramco and Malaysia's Petronas for the $27 billion project will be signed on Tuesday, the prime minister said.
For the past few days players past and present have been franticly "briefing reporters, providing leaks, and besmirching their opponents, some directly and some obliquely," as Maariv daily put it on Monday.
Around 30 people still trapped under rubble, says a civil defense official
Authorities say "terrorist bombing" struck a police bus in eastern Bahrain
Tasnim news agency said the Dehlaviyeh, a laser-guided missile, had also been successfully tested.
Opposition fighters declare capture of Tadif town from Bashar al-Assad regime
At times in the long and rambling letter, published in English and Farsi on his website, he appears to find a kindred spirit in Trump.
Since the 2011 uprising, the Arab world's most populous nation has suffered a slump in key tourism revenues, slowing economic growth and investment, double-digit inflation and falling foreign currency reserves.
In Johnson's first visit as foreign secretary to Egypt, he also discussed boosting trade, with UK company investments having reached $30 billion in 2016, according to Britain's Foreign Office.