World Bulletin / News Desk
Israeli aircrafts pounded several sites in the Gaza Strip early on Tuesday, with no causalities being reported.
Eyewitnesses said an Israeli airstrike destroyed a blacksmith workshop in Al-Tuffah district in eastern Gaza City, inflicting damages on adjacent homes.
Israeli fighter jets also hit areas west of Khan Younis city.
Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qodra told Anadolu Agency no injuries had been reported.
On Monday, at least four Palestinians, including two children, were injured when Israeli aircrafts struck several areas in the coastal enclave.
The Israeli army radio said the Monday's raids came in response to the firing of four rockets into the southern city of Ashkelon from Gaza, which caused no damage or casualties.
Tension has been running high in the Palestinian territories since three teenage Jewish settlers went missing late Thursday in the West Bank.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has accused Hamas of abducting the trio, a claim Hamas has since dismissed as "stupid."
No Palestinian group has claimed responsibility for the alleged kidnapping thus far.
Israeli naval forces on Monday opened fire on Palestinian fishing boats off the coast of the Gaza Strip.
"Israeli gunboats opened fire toward a group of Palestinian fishermen south of the Gaza Strip," Nizar Ayash, the head of Gaza's Palestinian Fishermen's Union, told Anadolu Agency.
No casualties were reported.
The attack, however, left three fishing boats with minor damage.
Israel allows fishing up to six miles off the Gaza coast.
When it first imposed its blockade on the Gaza Strip in 2006, Israel had allowed a three-nautical-mile fishing zone for Palestinian fishermen.
Gaza fishermen say the measures have adversely impacted their traditional business. They complain that their annual hauls have since fallen from pre-blockade levels of some 4000 tons of fish to a current 1500 tons.
Of the Gaza Strip's roughly 1.8 million inhabitants, about 40,000 earn their living from fishing, according to the Palestinian Fishermen's Union.
A Palestinian youth was seriously injured on Monday in clashes with Israeli forces in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
Yazn Yaacob was shot during clashes between Palestinian residents and Israeli forces at the Qalandia checkpoint, a medical source told Anadolu Agency.
Tension has mounted in the Palestinian territories since three Jewish settlers went missing last Thursday.
In the early hours of Monday, Israeli forces killed a young Palestinian man in the Jalazone refugee camp near Ramallah, the first reported fatality since the trio of settlers went missing.
Israeli forces in the West Bank detained scores of Palestinians on Sunday and Monday, including dozens of former Hamas-affiliated government ministers and lawmakers, in connection with the settlers' absence.
The 34-year-old retired National Guard lieutenant, who has yet to be identified, was beaten and shot to death by attackers Saturday night in the town of Cabudare in the western state of Lara, prosecutors said.
The meeting in Pretoria comes as Zuma faces growing criticism within the ruling African National Congress, which sharpened after a March cabinet reshuffle when he sacked respected finance minister Pravin Gordhan.
"It is my opinion that many of the leaks coming out of the White House are fabricated lies made up by the #FakeNews media," he wrote the morning after his return home.
"The times in which we could completely depend on others are on the way out. I've experienced that in the last few days," Merkel told a crowd at an election rally in Munich, southern Germany.
Gaza continues to suffer from a severe power crisis
Macron praised the DR Congo authorities "for their mobilisation and the effectiveness of their action" in obtaining the hostage's release, the office said in a statement, without identifying him.
And the US president flew home Saturday boasting he had "scored a home run" everywhere he'd been, saying he had forged bonds with friends old and new in the fight against terrorism.
The Libyan jihadist group Ansar al-Sharia, which is linked to Al-Qaeda and deemed a terrorist organisation by the UN and United States, announced its "dissolution" in a communique published online on Saturday. Washington accuses the group of being behind the September 11, 2012 attack on the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi in which ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed. Ansar al-Sharia is one of the jihadist groups that sprung up in Benghazi, Libya's second largest city, in the chaos following the death of dictator Moamer Kadhafi in 2011. They overran the city in 2014. East Libyan military strongman Khalifa Haftar earlier this month launched an offensive to oust jihadist fighters from their two remaining strongholds in Benghazi. In its communique Ansar al-Sharia said it had been "weakened" by the fighting. The group lost its leader, Mohammed Azahawi, in clashes with Haftar's forces in Benghazi at the end of 2014. Most of its members then defected to the so-called Islamic State group. Ansar al-Sharia later joined the Revolutionary Shura Council of Benghazi, a local alliance of Islamist militias. At its zenith, Ansar al-Sharia was present in Benghazi and Derna in eastern Syria, with offshoots in Sirte and Sabratha, western Libya. The organisation took over barracks and other sites abandoned by the ousted Kadhafi forces and transformed them into training grounds for hundreds of jihadists seeking to head to Iraq or Syria.
An initial investigation showed that Bonnie Kalanick, 71, died Friday after the boat she was in struck a rock in Pine Flat Lake near the central California city of Fresno, the Fresno County Sheriff-Coroner's Office said in a statement.
Since its golden age in the 1960s, Clacton-on-Sea in the southeastern English county of Essex has struggled to reinvent itself, a decline witnessed by 77-year-old John.
Counter-terrorism air raid hit terror targets in Avasin-Basyan regions
The king's prosecutor late Friday ordered "the opening of an investigation and the arrest of Nasser Zefzafi" after he "obstructed, in the company of a group of individuals, freedom of worship in the Mohammed V mosque in Al-Hoceima".
Saturday's protest in Caracas was held to mark 10 years since the government shuttered a popular television station seen as having anti-government leanings.
His announcement came as a summit of G7 leaders in Sicily wrapped up in deadlock on the issue, with US partners voicing frustration at the president's failure to commit to the deal aimed at stemming global warming.
A man aged in his thirties stepped onto the grave and kicked the base of a 1.5-metre (4.9-feet) -high stone cross at its head, causing the cross to topple over and break, they said.
Investigators also gave details of the 22-year-old's last hours as they appealed to the public for any information about his movements in the days running up to Monday night's attack.