World Bulletin / News Desk
The Israeli army said on Sunday that it attacked with three rockets a Syrian site in response to the firing of a missile on the occupied Golan Heights from Syria earlier.
Israeli sources said earlier that a missile was fired from Syria on the Golan, which has been occupied by Israel since 1967.
The website of the Israeli newspaper Jerusalem Post quoted one of these sources as saying that the missile attack did not leave any human or material casualties behind.
Even with this, it is not clear whether the missile attack on the Golan was a result of the civil war in Syria or in response to the current Israeli onslaught on the Gaza Strip.
Around 168 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have been killed and hundreds injured since Israel launched "Operation Protective Edge" in the Gaza Strip on Monday with the stated goal of ending rocket fire from the strip.
Since then, Israeli warplanes have staged hundreds of airstrikes on the Gaza Strip – home to around 1.8 million Palestinians - while ground troops remain amassed on the Strip's borders in advance of a possible ground assault.
Gaza-based resistance factions, for their part, have continued to fire hundreds of rockets into Israel, some of which have reached Tel Aviv, in response to the ongoing offensive.
No Israeli fatalities have been reported thus far.
Military estimates strike resulted in more than $2M in lost revenue
Ayad Allawi calls for ‘transitional body’ to administrate city following its recapture from isil
Since Hassan Rouhani assumed presidency, Iranian defense spending has risen by whopping 80 percent
No group has yet claimed responsibility for blast, which left six police dead and another three injured
The PYD forced us from our lands, say Syrians sheltering in Sanliurfa, Turkey, blaming the US for PYD provocation
Border guard killed in kingdom’s southwest when vehicle strikes roadside bomb near Yemen border
Fears growing for fate of men who crossed into regime-held areas of war-torn city
ISIL targets hit in airstrikes as part of Operation Euphrates Shield
Turkish troops have attacked Kurdish forces multiple times since Ankara entered Syria in August.
Boeing and Honeywell Aerospace will be the main contractors in aircraft sales. Up to 60 Americans -- both private and government employees -- will work in Saudi Arabia to maintain the aircraft.
Human Rights Watch says Saudi-led coalition used US weapons in two strikes that killed dozens of civilians
'These meetings are starting points in addressing a challenging situation,' US-led coalition says
Russian FM Lavrov says the combat operations were suspended for evacuation of civilians from Aleppo
In related development, Knesset approves first reading of bill that would legitimize illegal West Bank settlements
Under Operation Euphrates Shield, 12 targets are flattened and 23 ISIL extremists are neutralized in northern Syria by Turkey's military
Syrian regime's capture of Aleppo will not stop Syria war, US official says