Speaking at an event to brief the public about ongoing Cyprus talks, Dervis Eroglu said that the Greek Cypriot administration had left the negation table.
Eroglu was referring to the Greek Cypriot administration’s suspension of the most recent talks with the north on Oct. 7, after Turkey sent an oil and gas research vessel on a mission off the Cyprus coast.
The move to send a research vessel, with two navy ships, was intended to show that Turkey objected to the Greek Cypriot administration's plans to unilaterally exploit hydrocarbon resources off the island.
Eroglu, who will run as an independent candidate in the TRNC’s presidential election in April 2015, said that the "Barbaros Hayrettin" seismic vessel had been conducting explorations on Turkish Cypriots’ behalf.
While the European Union recognizes the Greek Cypriot administration on the island, only Turkey recognizes the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus diplomatically.
The negotiations between the Turkish and Greek Cypriots resumed after a two-year pause in February 2013. The previous round of talks collapsed in 2012.
Meeting with Mongolian counterpart, Turkish deputy PM says FETO terrorist group threatens friendly relations
Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch on Jan. 20 to clear terrorist groups in northwestern Syria
47-meter race for children with Down Syndrome held in northwestern Tekirdag province
MHP leader Devlet Bahceli says Nevruz festival is source of nation’s unity, peace
Turkey-based aid foundations have opened over 8,800 water wells in Africa, Asia, Middle East
The European Union does not have any other choice than including Turkey in the union, says Turkey’s envoy to France
Ismail Kahraman says terrorist YPG/PKK ambitions in Afrin, northwestern Syria 'came to naught'
Hasan Celal Guzel, 73, passed away in Ankara on Monday while undergoing medical treatment
YPG/PKK terrorists attack guardhouse in southeastern Sanliurfa; Turkish military retaliates
‘If we are strategic partners, then you will respect us,’ says Turkish president
Suspects arrested in Ankara were plotting terrorist attack ahead of spring festival of Nevruz, police source says
Operation to nab suspects has been launched in 18 cities as part of ongoing FETO probe
Emirati foreign minister's remarks have not been made 'with good intention': Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman
Bekir Bozdag says Afrin civilians unharmed; water, medicine, food supply not prevented during Operation Olive Branch