World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkey has maintained its aid to Aleppans in northern Syria, long after the evacuation of the war-torn city, the head of the Turkish Red Crescent said on Thursday.
Kerem Kinik said the Turkish Ministry of Health was running a feasibility study to open two more new hospitals in Idlib and Azaz, along the same lines as a facility set up by Turkey in the liberated area of Jarabulus.
Kinik said 700,000 people were living in Idlib refugee camps as well as 300,000 in Azaz and Cobanbey camps which were established by the Turkish Red Crescent.
Red Crescent trucks have made thousands of deliveries of aid to refugees in Syria, Kinik added.
Syria has been locked in a devastating civil war since early 2011 when the regime cracked down on pro-democracy protests -- which had erupted as part of the Arab Spring uprisings -- with unexpected ferocity.
Since then, hundreds of thousands of people are believed to have been killed in the conflict and millions more displaced.
Meeting with Mongolian counterpart, Turkish deputy PM says FETO terrorist group threatens friendly relations
Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch on Jan. 20 to clear terrorist groups in northwestern Syria
47-meter race for children with Down Syndrome held in northwestern Tekirdag province
MHP leader Devlet Bahceli says Nevruz festival is source of nation’s unity, peace
Turkey-based aid foundations have opened over 8,800 water wells in Africa, Asia, Middle East
The European Union does not have any other choice than including Turkey in the union, says Turkey’s envoy to France
Ismail Kahraman says terrorist YPG/PKK ambitions in Afrin, northwestern Syria 'came to naught'
Hasan Celal Guzel, 73, passed away in Ankara on Monday while undergoing medical treatment
YPG/PKK terrorists attack guardhouse in southeastern Sanliurfa; Turkish military retaliates
‘If we are strategic partners, then you will respect us,’ says Turkish president
Suspects arrested in Ankara were plotting terrorist attack ahead of spring festival of Nevruz, police source says
Operation to nab suspects has been launched in 18 cities as part of ongoing FETO probe
Emirati foreign minister's remarks have not been made 'with good intention': Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman
Bekir Bozdag says Afrin civilians unharmed; water, medicine, food supply not prevented during Operation Olive Branch