Worldbulletin News

Worldbulletin News Worldbulletin News Portal


00:20, 22 July 2018 Sunday
13:09, 05 June 2017 Monday

  • Share
Raids, arrests continue after London Bridge attack
Raids, arrests continue after London Bridge attack

Further arrests are made as first victim from Saturday terror attacked named  

World Bulletin / News Desk

Raids and searches in London have continued following a weekend terror attack in the British capital which killed seven people and injured 48 others, police said on Monday.

“Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command investigating the London Bridge terror attack entered two further addresses -- one in Newham and another in Barking,” police confirmed.

Police also said a number of people had been detained, but did not give further details. The detainees’ names would be released as soon as “operationally possible,” police added.

Meanwhile, the first name from among the seven fatalities from Saturday’s attack in central London was released on Monday.

Canadian woman Christine Archibald died on London Bridge after being struck by a van reportedly driven by the terrorists on Saturday night. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he was “heartbroken” by the death.

Twenty-one of the injured are still in a critical condition, according to health officials.

Police said at least four officers were hurt during Saturday’s attack. Three assailants were shot dead at Borough Market after they ran over pedestrians on London Bridge before going on a stabbing spree.

A large police cordon is still in place around Borough Market and London Bridge. London Bridge station -- a major transport hub -- has since been reopened.

Meanwhile, a website associated with the terrorist group Daesh claimed responsibility for the third major terror attack in the U.K. in the last three months.



Related London attack
Legal Notice: Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this website can not be reproduced without the prior permission.

  • Share