World Bulletin / News Desk
According to the source who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media, arrest warrants were issued by the Ankara Public Prosecutor’s Office.
The suspects are believed to have used the ByLock mobile app, which is said to have been used by FETO members during the July 15 coup attempt, the source added.
The ByLock smartphone app is believed to have been cracked by Turkish security agencies, allowing them to identify tens of thousands of apparent FETO supporters.
According to the Turkish government, FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
Figure is expected to increase as voting in Turkish missions to continue until Tuesday, at custom gates till election day
Patrols in line with the jointly agreed roadmap on Manbij
City was liberated from ISIL last year by Turkey’s Operation Euphrates Shield
Former HDP Co-Chairman Selahattin Demirtas has been allowed to campaign for presidential polls from behind bars on TRT
Turkish president says we are establishing mega industry zones in 5 regions of Turkey
Suspects, including 3 women, rounded up in Adana province
At least 20 people killed in twin suicide attack in northeastern Borno state
Over 3 million Turks living abroad are eligible to vote in presidential and general elections
Turkish president says there is a good chance senior PKK members were present during strike on meeting in Qandil
Minister's remarks come after Turkey probes reports of brutality against a puppy that saw its feet amputated
President says new ministerial bill on animal rights to be prioritized following elections
Binali Yildirim: We have decided to take status of Alevi house of worship out from discussion