World Bulletin / News Desk
The four lost their lives on the premises of the State Slaughterhouse Management Company, SEGA, added the sources, speaking on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking with the media.
Another young Muslim shopkeeper was killed en route to picking up his wife from a maternity hospital by unidentified men.
The five bodies were deposited at the Ali Babolo Mosque in the Km5 neighborhood, according to Gen. Mohamed Moussa Dhaffane, leader of the splinter group Renewed Seleka for Peace and Justice.
The crimes follow the assassination yesterday of the commander of the nation's armed forces in the Bea-Rex district in Km5, according to the same source.
Commander Marcel Mombeka was shot by a sniper while he was passing through a Muslim enclave in the same neighborhood.
Mombeka later died from his wounds and his seriously injured teenage son was transported to the hospital.
Violence has returned to the CAR in recent weeks after a several months of stability and calm that followed the March 2016 presidential elections.
On Tuesday, Doctors Without Borders (MSF) announced that gunmen stormed into Gbaya Dombia hospital in the third arrondissement and attacked a patient in the facility.
Reacting to the attacks, MSF has announced the suspension of its activities in the arrondissement.
Since 2013 thousands of people have been killed in sectarian conflict in the country, and thousands have fled their homes to seek refuge in neighboring countries, including Cameroon and Chad.
In a report, Amnesty International has estimated that more than 5,000 people, most of them civilians, have died in sectarian violence in the Central African Republic despite the presence of international forces.
Violence erupted in the Central African state in 2013, when Muslim Seleka rebels ousted then-President Francois Bozize, a Christian who had come to power in a 2003 coup.
Fierce fighting continued between Seleka and Christian anti-Balaka rebels before ending last year.
The centerpiece of the budget signed by President Donald Trump is a $61-billion increase in defense spending, boosting funding for the government's biggest department to $700 billion.
US president says duties avoidable if new trade deal signed
Bombardier avoids 300 percent tariff on plane sale to Delta
Verified Facebook pages for Musk companies disappear after he is challenged about them on Twitter
What FETO did was to fight behind the scenes within Turkish military, police, and bureaucracy, a Fulbright researcher says
World Food Programme highlights link between hunger and conflict
55 terrorists neutralized, 20 caves, 42 shelters destroyed since operation launched in Hakurk, Kani Rash regions
Defense secretary remarks come after a meeting with Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia at Pentagon
The latest crisis laying siege to the leading online social network has raised the specter that he has lost control of his creation and been naive about the unintended consequences of people sharing so much about themselves.
Lawmakers stared down a self-imposed deadline of midnight Friday, when federal funding was set to expire, and passed the mammoth package by a vote of 65-32, with hours to spare.
Allowing Peshmerga to vote twice in upcoming polls would violate Iraq’s national charter, Turkmen politician asserts
Case against Turkish President’s seven bodyguards over brawl in Washington was dismissed, says lawyer
Antonio Guterres says one in four people will live countries where lack of fresh water will be chronic or recurrent by 2050
Energy secretary says US should get ahead before Russia or China builds civil nuclear capability in the Kingdom
Negative impact on Chinese gowth would be greater if US expands tariffs and protectionist measures, rating agency warns
'We look forward to continuing our conversations' with Turkey, Heather Nauert says