World Bulletin / News Desk
At least 13 ISIL extremists were "neutralized" in northern Syria in the last 24 hours as part of the ongoing Operation Euphrates Shield, according to a Turkish General Staff statement released Friday.
Turkish authorities often use the word "neutralized" in their statements to imply the extremist in question either surrendered, or was killed or captured.
The statement added that 70 ISIL targets, including the extrem group’s shelters, and weapon emplacements had been hit by Free Syrian Army (FSA) fighters with Turkish Land Forces support.
In addition, Turkish fighter jets destroyed 7 targets including a building used as a hideout, a crane and an arsenal. Separately, a weapon-mounted vehicle was destroyed in an airstrike by coalition forces.
The Turkish army is supporting FSA fighters in liberating Al-Bab, a strategic city for ISIL, from the extremist group. Friday marks the 178th day since the city was surrounded in order to liberate it.
The operation is part of the Turkish-led Operation Euphrates Shield, which began in late August to improve security, support coalition forces, and eliminate the extrem threat along Turkey’s border using Free Syrian Army fighters backed by Turkish artillery and jets.
Foreign Ministry urges Israel not to change status quo of Al-Aqsa complex so it is accessible to all Muslims
President of the World Association of Muslim Scholars Yusuf al-Qaradavi stated that Jerusalem deals with not only the Palestinians but the entire Islamic ummah.
At least 5 Hezbollah, 17 opposition fighters reported killed
Israel criticized for ‘disproportionate’ force against Palestinians
12 militants’ vehicles destroyed, including four rigged with bombs
Israeli settlers killed in alleged stabbing attack in occupied West Bank, amid backdrop of Al-Aqsa turmoil
Qatari emir thanks Turkey for its support during crisis, says the plot against his country was pre-planned
Security measures by Israel trigger protests, with 3 Palestinians killed and nearly 400 injured
Sergey Lavrov says 'main parameters' on southern zone already agreed
UN spokesman says 1,140 children have been killed since 2015
The attack on Tuesday in the Mawza district of the southwestern province of Taez killed at least 20 people, including four children, according to residents.
Ayman Safadi urges international community to help ease tense situation
Kuwait also ordered the closure of the Iranian "military, cultural and trade" missions, said the government official, who asked not to be named.
Viral videos show Saudi prince physically and verbally assaulting at least 4 residents in capital Riyadh
Last week, Iraq formally declared victory over ISIL in Mosul