World Bulletin/News Desk
The U.S. embassy in Kenya has warned of an imminent threat of an attack on the Kenyan port city of Mombasa and asked all its government workers to leave the coastal town, which has been hit by a series of attacks.
The embassy said in a statement dated June 22 on its website that it had also suspended travel for its government officials to Mombasa, a tourist destination popular with foreigners, until July 1.
"This is to alert all U.S. citizens in Kenya, or planning to travel to Kenya in the near future, that the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi has received information of an imminent threat of a terrorist attack in Mombasa," the embassy statement said.
"All U.S. government travel to Mombasa is suspended until July 1, 2012. All U.S. government personnel are required to leave Mombasa."
The embassy said private citizens would not face the same restrictions, but advised them to heed the warning while planning their travels.
The embassy has issued four emergency messages warning of potential attacks in the country since October, when Kenya sent its troops to Somalia.
United Nations assistant secretary general Toby Lanzer said the suffering in northeast Nigeria and surrounding areas was the worst he had ever witnessed.
United Party for National Development MPs say President Edgar Lungu is not legitimate
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas gets reactions of Palestinians after he cries over former Israeli Prime Minister President during his funeral
Head of Crimean Tatar Mejlis says community will take Russian prohibtion on parliament to European Court of Human Rights
"All member states greenlight early EU ratification of Paris agreement. What some believed impossible is now real," European Union President Donald Tusk said on Twitter.
The UN refugee agency said now around 100,000 people -- many of whom had fled into the town in search of safety -- could no longer leave after government troops surrounded the area.
Looking drawn and dressed in a dark suit, Ntaganda took his place in the dock behind his defence lawyers at his trial in the International Criminal Court, with a witness giving testimony.
Participation of Shia militias in upcoming campaign to free ISIL-held Mosul could spark sectarian conflict, experts warn
He also reported a sharp drop so far this year to 210,000 people seeking safe haven in the biggest EU economy as of last week.
The Czech leader said Prague was "disturbed by the increase in hateful attacks in Britain aimed at the citizens of EU member states".
90 pct rise in August in the number of refugees trying to make perilous journey across the Aegean
Nicosia District Court judge Dona Constantinou was satisfied that Seif al-Din Mohamed Mostafa, 58, would get a fair trial in Egypt and would not be persecuted for his political beliefs.
Fighter jets have taken off from the Charles de Gaulle carrier in the Mediterranean Sea.
Supporters of leaders who have presided over atrocities attack each other online, spreading hatred and drawing deep wounds
The Obama administration will relinquish control of the internet’s “address book” to a California-based nonprofit organisation
UEFA slaps Celtic with 10,000-euro fine after fans flew Palestinian flags during match against Israel's Hapoel Be'er Sheva