World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkey issued diplomatic note to Syria about shooting down of the military jet, diplomatic officials said.
Earlier in the day Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said that Turkish military jet was shot down by Syria in international airspace.
Davutoglu said the jet was shot down in the international flight zone 13 miles outside of Syria's flight zone.
The plane was on a training mission to test Turkey's own national radar system, he said, adding that it was unarmed and had no mission related to Syria.
"We will, without any hesitation, decisively take the necessary steps regarding the downed Turkish plane by Syria," he added.
Guinness world record attempt for longest truck procession take place at city's 3rd airport, still under construction
Meetings between Erdogan, EU officials during NATO summit held in constructive atmosphere: European Commission chief
President has right to address group as party chairman, says Mustafa Elitas
BIST 100 index opens 0.17 percent higher; US dollar/Turkish lira rate stands at around 3.57
Foreign Ministry urges politicians and media abroad to play their roles in preventing such attacks
Speaking at the 564th anniversary event of Istanbul's conquest, Erdogan says serving Istanbul means serving Turkey
Saturday's suicide car bombing in southeastern province of Khost left 18 people dead
PKK attack in southeastern Sirnak province had left the soldier in critical condition
Speaking at fast-breaking program, Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey will not allow July 15 coup attempt to happen again
Bus veered out of control as driver fell asleep, 11 of the injured are in critical condition
Owner of Turkish daily, two employees accused of helping FETO terror group
Turkey's delegation at parliamentary assembly will grow from 12 to 18 members in light of its population
Turkish president was very clear about Ankara's expectations from EU, Mevlut Cavusoglu says
Operations launched in five provinces as part of probe into terrorist organization's financial network
Parliamentary inquiry committee head for July 15 defeated coup says FETO behind attempt under orders from US-based Gulen