World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkey knows the coordinates of the wreckage of its plane shot down by Syria, 1,300 metres underwater on the seabed in Syrian waters, but has not actually found the aircraft as reported by Turkish media, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Sunday.
Some Turkish news channels earlier reported that search teams had found the wreckage. Foreign ministry spokesman Selcuk Unal also said it was still unclear whether or not the pilots had ejected and that the search for the missing men was the priority.
Unal confirmed a diplomatic note had been issued to Syrian consular staff in Istanbul, saying Ankara had briefly outlined their version of the incident and had condemned the downing of its aircraft.
Turkey's relations with Russia and Israel will contribute to region's stability, says Turkey's energy minister
Devlet Bahceli says Turkey-US relations face 'serious problems' over Gulen extradition demands
In their testimony, the pilots claim they were following orders and did not know what was going on
Binali Yildirim says Turkish Cypriots on the island still being isolated
In an article to Al Jazeera, Cavusoglu tells how citizens of Turkey responded to July 15 coup attempt
Azerbaijan expects investments in Turkey to reach $20 billion by 2018; says economic cooperation 'built on solid'
In phone call with his British counterpart Michael Fallon, Fikri Isik thanks him for Britain's support
Siemens will continue operations in different sectors despite uncertainty from coup attempt, Siemens Turkey chairman says
Attempt to overthrow government claimed lives of around 160 over Friday, Saturday
President Erdogan, Russian counterpart Putin to meet for first time since normalization of relations between two countries
Another wounded in rocket attack on sentry box in Diyarbakir province
'We're going to work very closely to try to mitigate' effects of overthrow attempt, Joints Chiefs chairman says
Changes are needed to ease the system after the failed coup, the AK Party, CHP, and MHP agree, says Binali Yildirim
Saying he will sue the perpetrators, Galip Mendi gives dramatic testimony of his abduction by a trusted aide
MPs to discuss Tuesday creating a parliamentary commission to explore the failed coup
The claims of torture and assault are part of a FETO misinformation campaign, says Bekir Bozdag