World Bulletin / News Desk
Judges in The Hague acquitted Radovan Karadzic of one count of genocide on Thursday, but left 10 other war crimes and genocide charges standing against the former Bosnian Serb leader.
Judges ruled that there was not enough evidence to show that killings carried out by Bosnian Serb forces in the municipalities of Bosnia in 1992 were committed with genocidal intent.
But they rejected defence motions to dismiss 10 other charges that included the 1995 killing of 8,000 Muslims in Srebrenica, Europe's worst massacre since World War II.
Karadzic was leader of the Bosnian Serb government during the three-year war that raged in Bosnia from 1992 after the break-up of Yugoslavia.
He was indicted for war crimes and genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in 1995 and brought to The Hague 13 years later. His trial, under way since 2009, continues later this year with the opening of his defence case.
The independent City Press on Sunday said the National Prosecution Authority (NPA) was on the verge of charging the minister in a case dating back to the time he headed the country's tax collecting agency.
The Saudi ambassador has accused Iran-affiliated Iraqi Shia militias of plotting to assassinate him
"The talks with the US have de facto failed because we Europeans of course must not succumb to American demands," he told public broadcaster ZDF. "Nothing is moving forward."
President Muhammadu Buhari indicates Nigeria is willing to talk to rebels over kidnapped Chibok girls
Iraqi forces have been battling ISIL militants in an attempt to retake territory captured by the terror group
Head of miners federation that called strike last month, 2 top officials among detained
Former economy minister says Brazilian president did nothing Illegal
Haider al-Abadi says Khalidiya town cleared of terror group as army plans push to retake Mosul
Authorities suspect attack carried out by Paraguayan People's Army guerrilla group
An Israeli army commander has made shocking threats to Palestinian youth held in the Al-Duheisha, threatening that he will “make all the youth of the camp disabled,” according to a Palestinian rights group, reported by the Middle East Monitor
Hillary Clinton has received the first classified intelligence briefing Saturday morning
Japan has pledged to give $30 billion as an investment to Africa by 2018
Egyptian authorities to reopen Rafah crossing on Tuesday for three consecutive days
Incumbent President Ali Bongo faces stiff competition from former African Union Commission
Spanish authorities have cracked down on an illegal ring that involves Chinese domestic staff
Scots drive to put Israel's West Bank wall on the Google Map as fall-out from Celtic fans Palestinian flag protest simmers