World Bulletin / News Desk
Israel's Supreme Court on Sunday granted the state a four-month extension to remove five apartment blocks built illegally on Palestinian-owned land in a Jewish settlement on the occupied West Bank.
The court had ruled the homes, in the Ulpana neighbourhood of the Beit El settlement, must be torn down by July 1.
The 30 families who lived in the buildings moved out last week to nearby temporary accommodation under a deal with the government to go quietly after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to construct 851 new settlements in the occupied West Bank.
In granting an extension until Nov. 15, the court said the demolition could be delayed now that the dwellings it deemed illegal were empty.
About 311,000 Israeli settlers and 2.5 million Palestinians live in the occupied West Bank. The United Nations deems all Israeli settlements in the West Bank to be illegal. But Israel has sanctioned 120 settlements.
Palestinians have made a freeze on Israeli settlement construction in the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem a condition for returning to peace talks, which broke down over the issue in 2010.
Iraqi foreign ministry expressed Iraq's concern about the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.
Yemen's Hadi leaves Aden attend Arab summit, in Egypt under Saudi protection
Hezbollah sees Yemen strikes causing more Mideast tension
Troops from Chad and Niger pursued Boko Haram in Nigerian border area
U.S. special envoy says coalition "seriously degrading" ISIL in Tikrit
An alliance of Syrian opposition including Nusra Front have overun 17 defence posts around Idlib
Iraqi MP Aydin Maruf calls for arming of Sunni tribes to participate in Tikrit military operation against ISIL
The Turkish foreign ministry said in a statement that Turkey backs Saudi military intervention in Yemen
Russian foreign ministry calls on all parties involved in Yemen crisis to immediately stop all forms of military activity
Dusko Dabetic was detained in Turkey's holiday resort province of Antalya.
A Marseille prosecutor said on Thursday, Germanwings co-pilot likely crashed jet deliberately
Notes written by Prince Charles to government departments between 2004-2005 could now be published after landmark ruling.
According to a senior U.S. official, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry spoke with the foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia and welcomed their decision
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) will investigate chlorine gas attack claims..
Britain's Foreign Office said in a statement that Britain backs Saudi military intervention in Yemen