World Bulletin / News Desk
The Pakistani Taliban opponent group said they woould not allow US trucks carrying military supplies to NATO troops in occupied Afghanistan to cross the territory after Islamabad and Washington reached a deal to re-open the lines.
"We will attack NATO supplies all over Pakistan. We will not allow anyone to use Pakistani soil to transport supplies that will be used against the Afghan people," the group's spokesman told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.
Pakistan and the United States reached a deal on Tuesday to reopen land.
"No full apology"
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a telephone call with Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, "apologized" for a November NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November and prompted an infuriated Islamabad to slam the supply routes closed.
"We are sorry for the losses suffered by the Pakistani military. We are committed to working closely with Pakistan and Afghanistan to prevent this from ever happening again," Clinton said in a statement following the conversation.
Khar, in turn, informed Clinton that Pakistan would reopen the supply routes and, in a major concession to the United States, would not follow through on vows to dramatically hike the transit fees.
U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who said last month that Washington was losing patience with Pakistan.
In an interview with Reuters, Panetta all but ruled out an apology to Pakistan over the NATO air strike.
Clinton's careful statement was not the full-throated apology that Pakistan demanded for the deadly November attack, but went further than Washington had before in expressing regret for an incident that NATO described as an unfortunate accident.
"Foreign Minister Khar and I acknowledged the mistakes that resulted in the loss of Pakistani military lives," Clinton said, adding that she had reiterated U.S. regrets for the deaths of the soldiers and offered condolences to their families.
The victim identified as Ahmed al-Naggar, he was 18 years old.
Peshmerga forces battling ISIL in Iraq reportedly take back the lost fields in southern Kirkuk and an oil well Saturday
Report: Japan trying to authenticate video that appears to show militant beheading journalist Kenji Goto.
Source close to Hamas says no longer accepts Egypt as Israel mediator
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said on Saturday that the country faces a long, hard battle against militancy, days after one of the bloodiest attacks on security forces in years.
Historic handwritten documents and archived texts burned as firefighters battled to save the library. 10 million books were saved.
Podemos was formed just a year ago by university professor Pablo Iglesias, but produced a major shock by winning five seats in elections for the European Parliament in May.
Hadi made his statement during a meeting with general secretaries of several Yemeni political parties.
The shelling created panic among residents with many presuming that Boko Haram was making attempts to storm into the city.
The passports of the 72 nationals were revoked after Bahrain's cabinet had approved the move to protect Bahrain's security and stability and fight "terrorist threats."
Last year "a degree of cooperation" allowed aid to enter after several months of being blocked, but access has again vanished with a deterioration of security
On Friday, the AU Peace and Security Council approved the deployment of 7,500 troops to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram
Gaps in on the ground intelligence could cut off key resoures of information for drone-missile attacks.
A roadside bomb went off near an army patrol in the city of al-Baydaa,
A young boy in need of urgent medical treatment died when Egypt and Israel refused to open the border gates.
Kim Jong-un appears to accuse US of trying to undermine regime