World Bulletin / News Desk
A total of 110 people were brought before the court as part of a FETO investigation run by the Istanbul Public Prosecutor’s office.
Among the 60 suspects remanded were the brother and son of the former head of a major Turkish company called Boydak Holding.
The remaining 50 people put on remand face charges of being members of FETO and of providing financial support to the banned network.
The court also released the remaining 50 businesspeople but imposed travel bans on them.
On Jan. 5, the Istanbul Public Prosecutor’s office issued detention orders for 380 business figures accused of providing financial support to the terror network, led by U.S.-based Fetullah Gulen.
The Istanbul Police Department had launched simultaneous operations across 35 cities to apprehend the suspects and detained 164 people. Fifty-four were later released earlier under judicial control.
Some 110 suspects are known to be abroad.
Turkey survived a deadly coup attempt on July 15 last year, launched by rogue elements within the military that martyred more than 230 people and injured nearly 2,200 others.
According to Turkey’s government, Gulen and his FETO terror network organized the attempted coup.
Ankara has also said FETO is behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.
In the wake of the July coup attempt, tens of thousands of FETO suspects have been arrested, including many in the armed forces, police, justice system and the education sector.
Turkey-Africa First Agriculture Ministers Meeting and Agribusiness Forum to be held on Thursday and Friday
Omer Celik calls airstrikes matter of national security, criticizes US expression of 'concern' in their wake
Ankara-based operations target suspected infiltration of Turkey's police force
Turkish Embassy has demanded that Greek authorities arrest those responsible, says Foreign Ministry
Renovated pediatric care unit in largest hospital in East African island nation unveiled with Turkish equipment
40 terrorists in northern Iraq and 30 in northeastern Syria killed early Tuesday, says Turkish General Staff
Council of Europe vote to impose monitoring comes after report on Turkey's democratic institutions
CHP leader says both sides uncomfortable with election board's decision to accept unsealed ballot papers
'I think we will consider this issue in the coming months,' Binali Yildirim says
Blasts in Kars, Sirnak provinces leave 1 more wounded
Highest administrative court rejects appeal to annul poll, saying no such act can be made against election board decisions
Head of Constitutional Court welcomes high voter turnout at April 16 constitutional referendum
2-day event will start in southern resort province of Antalya on Thursday
Turkey launched the operation in August to fight the ISIL group and to keep the YPG in check.
US president echoes his predecessors by using Armenian term 'Meds Yeghern' to refer to 1915 events
The blogger, writer and human rights activist began a hunger strike last week after claiming he had no access to a lawyer and had been "interrogated" on the content of his research.