World Bulletin / News Desk
A village guard was killed in southeastern Turkey after he was reportedly kidnapped by the PKK, a security source said on Monday.
Mehmet Beldek, 23, was kidnapped on June 17 by a group of terrorists in Yeniaslanbasar village of Sirnak province, said the source on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
His body was found at the bank of a stream, close to the village.
According to an initial autopsy report by the Sirnak State Hospital, Beldek had been strangled by a rope two days ago.
Security forces are on a lookout for the terrorists.
More than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives since the PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and the EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015.
Turkish Foreign Ministry offers 'condolences to friendly government and brotherly people of Afghanistan'
Meeting with Mongolian counterpart, Turkish deputy PM says FETO terrorist group threatens friendly relations
Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch on Jan. 20 to clear terrorist groups in northwestern Syria
47-meter race for children with Down Syndrome held in northwestern Tekirdag province
MHP leader Devlet Bahceli says Nevruz festival is source of nation’s unity, peace
Turkey-based aid foundations have opened over 8,800 water wells in Africa, Asia, Middle East
The European Union does not have any other choice than including Turkey in the union, says Turkey’s envoy to France
Ismail Kahraman says terrorist YPG/PKK ambitions in Afrin, northwestern Syria 'came to naught'
Hasan Celal Guzel, 73, passed away in Ankara on Monday while undergoing medical treatment
YPG/PKK terrorists attack guardhouse in southeastern Sanliurfa; Turkish military retaliates
‘If we are strategic partners, then you will respect us,’ says Turkish president
Suspects arrested in Ankara were plotting terrorist attack ahead of spring festival of Nevruz, police source says
Operation to nab suspects has been launched in 18 cities as part of ongoing FETO probe
Emirati foreign minister's remarks have not been made 'with good intention': Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman