World Bulletin / News Desk
A Turkish court on Saturday sentenced 10 members of Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) to as much as nine years in prison, according to a judicial official.
FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup attempt of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
The official, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said the 2nd Heavy Penal Court in the central Eskisehir province jailed four of 31 defendants.
Orhan Durmaz was sentenced to nine years in prison, Dursun Karatas, to six years and three months and Hasan Bayraktar and Omer Kirnic to seven years and six months.
Six of the remaining 27 defendants, who are at large, have also been sentenced to jail terms.
Nafir Yafay, Tenzile Karatas and Ceylan Sariyer each received sentences of six years and three months in prison. Yasin Sariyer was sentenced to four years and two month, Kamil Bayraktar to three years and one month and Emine Kirnic to 25 months.
The other 21 suspects were released by the court.
Moreover, four suspects were remanded in custody across Turkey as part of the investigation into FETO/PYD.
According to the governorate of northwestern Balikesir province, three suspects were remanded in custody as part of the investigation.
Another suspect was remanded in custody in southwestern Mugla province for his alleged links to the FETO.
Moreover, 58 suspects were arrested during anti-terrorism operations across Turkey for their alleged links to the FETO/PDY.
As part of the investigation by Izmir prosecutors, 55 suspects were arrested in simultaneous operations throughout the province.
In the northwestern province of Balikesir, three suspects, including two senior sergeants, were also taken into custody as part of the investigation.
Turkey accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
On eve of Election Day, Devlet Bahceli also warns of economic attacks and international conspiracies against Turkey
Operations were carried out in Turkish provinces of Gaziantep, Mugla, Osmaniye, Tekirdag, Nevsehir, and Istanbul
Binali Yildirim slams opposition for raising questions over security arrangements
Turkish president slams opposition presidential candidate for saying he will sleep outside top electoral body
Nearly $60M invested to organize anti-narcotic operations in 5 years, says minister
Turkish premier stresses stability, confidence in country for continued investments
Chairman of main opposition party says Turkey has to produce added-value goods
Muharrem Ince says he will establish ministry of industry, entrepreneurship
Observers from Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe plan to create chaos in Turkey, say security sources
Okkes Tetik was arrested in western Sakarya province
Turkish president speaks two days ahead of elections in joint broadcast of TRT channels
Raids take place in Turkey's provinces of Van, Hatay, Adana, Diyarbakir and Istanbul
Journalists from 34 countries receive accreditation from Directorate General of Press and Information for June 24 elections
No causalities reported so far from quake in Van province
Turkish justice minister also says reduction in number of ministries will enable faster services to citizens
First patrols by both Turkish and US troops in region began on June 18 and the second patrols on June 20