World Bulletin / News Desk
Fetullah Gulen, who Turkey says is head of the Fetullah Terror Organization (FETO), is among 108 suspects named in the investigation, the judicial source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, said.
The deputy chief public prosecutor of Istanbul, Fuzuli Aydogdu, prepared and presented the indictment to the attorney general's office to be accepted.
Friday's indictment claims match-fixing charges in 2011 against Turkish football club Fenerbahce’s chairman Aziz Yildirim and other managers were “a plot”.
Yildirim, who was sent to prison in July 2011 and served nearly a year in jail, had been sentenced to six years and three months by a “special-authority court” in 2012.
He and 35 others were acquitted of all charges in the long-running case in October 2015.
The FETO network is a key focus of this investigation; its members in Turkey’s judiciary are accused of orchestrating malicious cases against the football executives.
FETO is accused of orchestrating Turkey’s July 15 coup plot as well as being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through infiltrating Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and the judiciary.
The defeated July 15 coup left 248 people martyred and nearly 2,200 wounded.
Operation Olive Branch in Syria's Afrin is continuing successfully: Gen. Hulusi Akar
Turkey is an important NATO ally, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg tells Turkish president
Sahin Alpay is freed under judicial control with international travel ban and house arrest
Turkish president says if US wants to cooperate with Turkey against terror it must remove terrorists from east of Euphrates
Deputy Parliament Speaker Ahmet Aydin calls for end of FETO activities in South Korea
Home Office says no more applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain from Turkish citizens on ECAA businesspersons visa
Ankara court convicts and sentences former HDP Deputy Co-Chairwoman Aysel Tugluk
Volkan Bozkir says Turkey cannot accept that members of terror group are allowed to wander in Swiss streets
Renovation of 3,000 businesses has been completed in southeastern Diyarbakir’s Sur district, damaged by terrorist PKK group
‘Just because EP took this decision doesn't mean Turkey will give up the fight against terrorism,’ says Bekir Bozdag
Turkish Red Crescent, Disaster and Emergency Management Agency to assist in distribution
Villages of Miske Fawkani, Miske Tahtani, Shaykh Bilal, Kurdane, and Kucuk Meydan, 3 strategic hills cleared of terrorists
Turkey plans to produce 110B KWh of electricity from hydropower plants by the end of 2019, says Minister Eroglu
Suspects were preparing for attack with arms, Molotov cocktails, and improvised explosives, according to security source
European Parliament has once again showed its 'one-sided views,' says Turkish Foreign Ministry