World Bulletin / News Desk
Houthi spokesman Mohamed Abdul Salam tweeted that the UN was planning to change its envoy in the Arab state, which fell into civil war when Houthi rebels overran much of the country, including the capital Sanaa.
The spokesman did not give further details, but the rebel group has accused Ould Cheikh Ahmed of bias and banned him from returning to war-torn Yemen.
There was no comment from the UN on the claim.
Last month, the Houthi group said the UN envoy was no longer welcomed in the Arab country.
Ould Cheikh Ahmed, a Mauritanian diplomat, was appointed as the UN envoy to Yemen in April 2015, one month after Saudi Arabia and several Arab countries launched a massive air campaign in Yemen to reverse Houthi military gains and shore up the Yemeni government.
According to UN officials, more than 10,000 people have been killed in the war, while more than 11 percent of the country’s population has been displaced as a direct result of the conflict.
Sergey Lavrov says 'main parameters' on southern zone already agreed
UN spokesman says 1,140 children have been killed since 2015
The attack on Tuesday in the Mawza district of the southwestern province of Taez killed at least 20 people, including four children, according to residents.
Ayman Safadi urges international community to help ease tense situation
Kuwait also ordered the closure of the Iranian "military, cultural and trade" missions, said the government official, who asked not to be named.
Viral videos show Saudi prince physically and verbally assaulting at least 4 residents in capital Riyadh
Last week, Iraq formally declared victory over ISIL in Mosul
Sinai Peninsula has remained the epicenter of deadly militant insurgency since 2013
Talks are expected to tackle cooperation on fighting ISIL
The interior ministry said the two militants killed in New Cairo were senior members of the Hasam group -- an extremist movement the government accuses of links to the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood.
Prime minister denies cooperation with Syrian regime over planned operation around Juroud Arsal
UN agency says capital Sanaa among provinces hardest-hit by the disease
The measure, which goes into effect on Thursday, will not include spouses of Egyptians or university students who will be granted tourist visas on arrival, foreign ministry spokesman Ahmed Abu Zeid said.
Last month, four Arab states imposed a blockade on Qatar, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism
Parliament approves extension of troops for the period between Sept. 5, 2017, and Oct. 31, 2018