World Bulletin / News Desk
Eight suspects were arrested in capital Ankara on Thursday over their suspected links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).
Among the suspects were seven members of top administrative court and council of state.
In a statement, the Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office in Ankara said arrest warrants had been issued for the suspects’ links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), the terror group behind the 2016 defeated coup in Turkey.
The suspects were accused of using ByLock -- an encrypted mobile phone application used by coup plotters -- and financing the terror group.
The Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup on July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
TurkPatent receives more than 40,000 trademark and 5,000 patent applications in Jan.-April period
Migrants include Syrian, Iraqi, Algerian, Palestinian, Pakistani, Libyan, Iranian, Moroccan nationals
2 former high-ranking officers handed down aggravated life sentences over their links to FETO
Ambassadors of all countries, except Israel, invited at ruling Justice and Development Party’s headquarters
Maoists targeted a police vehicle in Dantewada district of south Chhattisgarh on Sunday, killing 7 policemen
Greek Asylum Commission accepted the petition of ex-Turkish soldiers suspected of involvement in coup bid
More than 20,000 citizens gather in Sarajevo to listen to Turkish president
Binali Yildirim says Israeli forces shot at peaceful Palestinian children and women protesters
You have a person whom Allah has bestowed upon you, Bakir Izetbegovic says
Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency set to provide meals to 1,500 orphans during holy month of Ramadan
Turkish military says one soldier killed, another injured in eastern Agri province
Turkey has been main route for migrants trying to cross into Europe
Deputy premier says Turkish president is not afraid of death threats
2 shelters, cave used by PKK terrorists also destroyed during counterterrorism operation in southeastern Diyarbakir
Turkish army carries out anti-terror operation in southeastern Hakkari province